Closing Schools Nationwide?

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.

Is closing schools nationwide for 2-4 weeks a good idea?

Yes
8%
No
67%
Not sure yet
25%

Total votes: 12

Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Closing Schools Nationwide?

Post by Spitfire »

Sanan says schools should be closed

Deputy Prime Minister Sanan Kachornprasart personally believed it was now time to temporarily close all schools so as to control the spread of influenza A(H1N1).

Sanan, who chairs a committee on dealing with the disease, Monday suggested that all schools should suspend their classes now to prevent the spread of the disease.

"The suspension should last two to four weeks during which major cleanup operation would be conducted," Sanan said, "After that, the schools can resume the class and arrange makeup classes later".

Source - The Nation

Added a poll to get the general idea/opinion of everyone. I suppose, if they close all the schools/colleges nationwide for 2-4 weeks then it would be an interesting kind of chaos that would decend upon everywhere. If they don't want so many to gather at educational instituations then they will simply gather at malls and elsewhere. Then again, many would simply go home to the villages, so maybe OK. They are thinking of at least closing some 450 schools etc in Bangkok though.

Feel free to say why you voted for which answer. Will any of it make a difference? Starting to see students and teachers with surgical mask on now.

I voted not sure as it might not do any good. If they do close schools then I get an unplanned holiday. :D

Edit: Typos
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I voted no

This is just a normal flu Nothing special and over hyped. All flues and such like always hit the young and elderly.

Media hype :twisted:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I voted unsure as there is still a lot to be discovered about this 'outbreak'. On one side we have the conspiracy nuts claiming its all a big ploy by the drug companies trying to make a buck and on the other we have reported cases in the media of healthy adults dying of flu.

I do know that schools are like big Petri dishes and kids are walking bio-hazards when it comes to contracting and infecting so can understand why they're targeted.

I feel rough as buggery myself today though so the last thing I want if I'm off work sick is the kids running about!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I voted No. I can't see them cleansing a whole country in just 4 weeks. It would only be putting off the inevitable.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I voted no also. As the PM already stated, the kids will then just go to internet game shops and shopping malls and their exposure may then be even greater as more strangers are added into the mix. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

prcscct wrote:the kids will then just go to internet game shops and shopping malls and their exposure may then be even greater as more strangers are added into the mix. Pete :cheers:
Quite agree. One must be careful of strangers exposing themselves. :shock:
buksida wrote:On one side we have the conspiracy nuts claiming its all a big ploy by the drug companies trying to make a buck and on the other we have reported cases in the media of healthy adults dying of flu.
As a 'conspiracy nut' I don't understand why you can't see the obvious. The schools need to be emptied so 'they' can slip in and plant thermite. When the mandatory vaccinations are given, without your knowledge, the kids will start to drop like flies and they will spin it that it's the more virulent strain of the virus and not the vaccines and a second untested vaccine will most definitely provide further protection. Any children left after the first cull... err.. pandemic... will be pronounced as suffering from 'swine flu rejection disorder' and be dosed with Ritalin or forced to drink more 'Diet' Sodas. Once they are settled enough to absorb new propaganda... er... lessons... the buildings can be taken down in the middle of Holocaust studies and blamed on Muslims.

This program is a win-win for everyone. Less 'useless eaters' consuming scarce resources. Employment for Doctors, Psychiatrists, Militarized Police and death squads. Mega bucks for the vaccine makers and all nations pulling together under the direction of benevolent bankers. If we burn the bodies we have carbon available for trading, with a useful reduction of CO2 being pumped into the atmosphere (despite CO2 being 1.5x heavier than air).:? The toxic levels of mercury from vaccines in their little bodies can be recovered and recycled and put into even more people's mouths, where 'Scientists' will explain that your head glowing in the dark is an energy saver since it reduces the need for ambient lighting. It's the 'Green' thing to do. :thumb:

It's rumoured that Donald Rumsfeld has ordered that Aspartame sweets will be handed out with oral vaccines and washed down with fluoride, since "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down". Mary Poppins said so. :roll:

Progressive schools are not buying into this swill and instead are using more natural methods to build immunity...

"Let no one who has the slightest desire to live in peace and quietness be tempted, under any circumstances, to enter upon the chivalrous task of trying to correct a popular error."---William Thoms
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

I voted NO.

This flu will not be eliminated in 4 weeks or even in four months.
In the UK the flu season is in the Autumn and cases are expected to be over 500,000 a month then.

I imagine that Thailand has a similar season there, so closing schools will do nothing. It has to run it's course.

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.