Education System Overhaul

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Re: Education System Overhaul

Post by johnnyk »

Curriculum is not the problem. It would be more productive to reduce class sizes and hire more and better-qualified teachers at better salaries.
I'm betting nothing will happen and similar headlines will continue to appear every 2-3 years.
Happiness can't buy money
rempejek
Novice
Novice

Post by rempejek »

They should try to eradicate the problem of Kirk and his Smartkurve agency. That one has been quite persistent! I'll bet it'll help...
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

rempejek wrote:They should try to eradicate the problem of Kirk and his Smartkurve agency. That one has been quite persistent! I'll bet it'll help...
Utterly stupid remark nanyang.
Grim Reaper was here so watch your mouth.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Quite an old thread but today I saw an article related to this particular topic. I think this is a move to the right direction. Before a real educational overhaul can begin, the teachers must be prepared for that. They must possess real qualifications to be able to understand the students and their learning difficulties as well as be able to encourage those who already do well, to go even further.
Teacher quality project revived

Chularat Saengpassa
The Nation
March 27, 2015 1:00 am

TDRI president says good choices possible with high supply, low demand

THE Education Ministry is reviving the Khuruthayat Project through which successful candidates will get scholarships to study in teacher-education programmes and get teaching jobs after their graduation.

The project, which was scrapped more than a decade ago, aims to recruit quality teachers to the country's educational sector.

Education Council secretary-general Prof Piniti Ratananukul yesterday disclosed that the Khuruthayat Project would name nearly 6,000 scholarship recipients in its first year. The project will run until 2029.
More: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 56824.html