Govt: education overhaul plan to be ready in 3 months

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
buksida

Govt: education overhaul plan to be ready in 3 months

Post by buksida »

Education Minister Chaturon Chaisang on Sunday said that it would take no more than three months to draw up action plans to overhaul Thailand's education system.

He said that after the second hearing today, which was attended by private organisations and the National Economic and Social Development Board. The first hearing earlier this month was hosted for educational institutions and educators.

He said that all parties agreed to the ministry’s eight policies to lift Thailand’s education standards. Action plans should be completed within 3 months. He expected some strategies - including the one dealing with literacy - to show a successful result in this educational year.

"On October 1, we will kick off three strategies. First is to overhaul the vocational education system.... More will be encouraged to seek vocational education through a public relations campaign in the next three months. We expect to see a growing number of vocational students in the next school year."

The other two strategies will deal with learning in general and ICT skill development.

Source: The Nation

Thought: :lach: where do they get these politicians !!??
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Govt: education overhaul plan to be ready in 3 months

Post by Bristolian »

buksida wrote:Thought: :lach: where do they get these politicians !!??
Clearly they are a result of the Thai education system, where else? :cheers:

edit: so much for an English edumacation I coudn't even spell it :shock:
Last edited by Bristolian on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

You can buy them anywhere!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

This guy obviously thinks he can work miracles. (in his dreams!)

There were good reforms laid out in the Education Act (1999). None of them have been taken up by the schools that I know. i.e. Student Centred Learning as opposed to rote, Classes to be reduced in size, schools to involve parents in policy changes (PTA's). etc etc.

14 years later and I see no change. But this guy is going to do it all in 3 months! Amazing Thailand!