Da Vinci international school Hua Hin

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Da Vinci international school Hua Hin

Post by jingjoe »

Another new international school planned for hua hin.
720 000bht yearly fees makes it one of the most expensive schools in Thailand

http://www.davinciinternationalschool.net/index.php
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: da vinci international school hua hin

Post by GLCQuantum »

Have worked under the Head of this school before in Bangkok. Proper posh twat doesn't even cut it.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Nice earner at 720 000bht per child, and teacher's wages starting at 40 000bht a month
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

If they can get enough children in. Imagine having David Cameron (along with his 'people skills') as the headmaster of your child's school. That's how it will be. Achieving a Masters at Oxford and PHD at Cambridge (something like that anyway) - the man's a demi-god, looking down from above at all us mere mortals. Criticism or concerns will be squashed and suggestions scoffed at with a pompous chortle.

If that's your thing... go for it

I can't believe that they'll only be paying 40,000 baht a month though. I'd have thought it would be somewhere between 80,000 -120, 000.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

GLCQuantum wrote:If they can get enough children in. Imagine having David Cameron (along with his 'people skills') as the headmaster of your child's school. That's how it will be. Achieving a Masters at Oxford and PHD at Cambridge (something like that anyway) - the man's a demi-god, looking down from above at all us mere mortals. Criticism or concerns will be squashed and suggestions scoffed at with a pompous chortle.

If that's your thing... go for it

I can't believe that they'll only be paying 40,000 baht a month though. I'd have thought it would be somewhere between 80,000 -120, 000.

Website quotes starting salary 40 000bht,plus extras including rental assistance
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

GLCQuantum wrote: Proper posh twat doesn't even cut it.
Bit of a 'laddish' critique from an education professional...

His CV is pretty impressive, and he appears to have worked hard over many years to get where he is. I'm not sure his accent is relevant. Your grievance sounds personal - bit of a chip on the shoulder? :wink:
This is the way
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

dtaai-maai wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote: Proper posh twat doesn't even cut it.
Bit of a 'laddish' critique from an education professional...

His CV is pretty impressive, and he appears to have worked hard over many years to get where he is. I'm not sure his accent is relevant. Your grievance sounds personal - bit of a chip on the shoulder? :wink:
We are neither in an educational establishment nor are we on a Teacher's forum, so I use a language that's easier to puke out.

Take 2 (just for you dtaai-maai)

"Though the headmaster is well spoken, superbly educated and has a breathtaking background, he lacks people skills and dismisses concerns hastily, instead preferring to stick to archaic methods of teaching/instructing, when other formats would be more effective in bettering young learner's educational development . He also possesses a rather negative opinion towards Thai citizens - once even referring to Thai parents as 'children'."

And yes, my grievance is personal. He could be a great guy who I simply didn't get along with.

:cheers:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Da Vinci international school Hua Hin

Post by oakdale160 »

In allasian cities there are International Schools with VERY high fees. But the parents don't care as their company is paying the fees as part of their ex-pat package. Here in HH, there are almost no expats on company packages, so I don't see there beinga market for another expat driven International school. And Thai parents will only enlist their children if they see a significant number of expat children there.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

The website is very vague about the exact location, and all pictures seem to be digital mock ups. Are they intending to open in 3months time ? Has building started ?

The international school at black mountain isn't (as far as I know) bursting at the seams so also find it hard to see it being successful.
jamesg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jamesg »

I wouldn't say it was 'bursting at the seams' but it's been a big success, parents are very happy and student numbers are going up every term.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Website is a shocker, if they cant produce a good site while asking these fees there is something wrong.
Bet there are 10 year olds could do a better website than that!
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

JW wrote:Website is a shocker, if they cant produce a good site while asking these fees there is something wrong.
Bet there are 10 year olds could do a better website than that!
Totally agree, a disgrace!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Nemorensis
Novice
Novice

Post by Nemorensis »

[Post removed at request of OP]
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

^^^^

Good god, I hope they weren't employing you as an English teacher!
Nemorensis
Novice
Novice

Post by Nemorensis »

Ahahah, I should normally call you asshole for your lack of compassion (and you are), but exceptionally I will just enjoy telling you "Yes they were!"