Somtawin; The Truth, The Whole Truth And Nothing But.....

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

It may be as simple as they are unable(more likely unwilling) to invest properly in 'the right people' and are convinced they can 'pull it off' Thai style, wouldn't surprise me.

I am not 'up to the minute' on this individual establishment but it wouldn't surprise me if the board/'money men' behind of said establishment where the usual thieving/short-sighted/'Oh, it doesn't surprise me that you're in charge' etc etc bunch of businessmen.

As someone mentioned it's a wasted oportunity, I agree, but they, the people who actually make the decisions may not be so easily swayed. So long as the money keeps coming in they probably 'do not give a toss' what anyone thinks as most educational establishments here, with the exception of real International schools, are first and foremost a business, education and quality of service come after that, I afraid.

Setting up quality educational institutions here and getting the right people to run it and educate students in recognised ways costs a huge fortune and the fees for such places run surprisingly high per student.

It all sounds a bit YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Resolve dissolves in alcohol