42nd Antique Car Contest

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
PeteC

42nd Antique Car Contest

Post by PeteC »

No word about when and where so assume already past. No story at link, only some very good photos. Pete :cheers:

Tootling back into the past https://www.bangkokpost.com/photo/photo ... recent_box

More than 100 vintage vehicles have been brought together to showcase their grace and fine craftsmanship at The Return of Happiness, the 42nd antique car contest hosted by the Vintage Car Club of Thailand. — Apichit Jinakul
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Re: 42nd Antique Car Contest

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, finished yesterday - typical Thai publicity:

42nd Vintage Car Contest| 13-17 June | 10.30 - 21.00 at Zpell Future Park Rangsit
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:12 am Yes, finished yesterday - typical Thai publicity:

42nd Vintage Car Contest| 13-17 June | 10.30 - 21.00 at Zpell Future Park Rangsit
Yes it is utter BS! Why list it after the event? I think it is like a lot of other things here; the HiSo's that can afford the cars have their own liitle clique and it is not run to show them off to the peasants, just to brag to each other. I have tried for years to join several clubs and just get ignored.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I think it is like a lot of other things here; the HiSo's that can afford the cars have their own little clique and it is not run to show them off to the peasants,...
They don't want loads of people turning up with 1960's Datsun pickups! (Which is a pity, because I wouldn't mind one.)
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

It was advertised on their FB page but remember it was a Thai event, they had no interest in Farangs attending. Just like so many events here.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali