Minivan, bus and road accidents

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Jools

Re: Accident on nhong plub road

Post by Jools »

Swiss lady severely injured. Her name is Mrs Margrit Meier Ryf. There is a post on Facebook for help to get friends or relatives to Hua Hin hospital as soon as possible..
Play Up Pompey
TunnelRats
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TunnelRats »

Where is nhong plub road?
"This login session $13,99 but for you $12,78"
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Pala U Road
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
TunnelRats
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TunnelRats »

Thanks StevePIraq
"This login session $13,99 but for you $12,78"
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

That section near the school is a disaster with bikes coming from all directions, always best to steer clear in the early morning and late afternoon when school opens and closes. Kids who should not even be riding as they at underage ride in any direction they like.

Some time ago there was a post of 17 accidents there in one week.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

StevePIraq wrote: always best to steer clear in the early morning and late afternoon when school opens and closes. Kids who should not even be riding as they at underage ride in any direction they like.
Very true, I often deliver and collect my eldest granddaughter at the school. The kids (and parents) seem to be beyond the law. I usually drive West away from the school before doing a U-turn
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Minivan, bus and road accidents

Post by StevePIraq »

But why you can do a u turn on the crossing just as the Thais do. Seriously this is one of the worst locations in HH all should steer clear.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I doubt the law permits it, but this is the Wild West, and Wyatt Erp hasn't ridden into town yet. There is virtually no road traffic law enforcement.

Slightly off topic, I did the drive of shame this morning :oops: . I had to pay my water bill. As I approached Soi 74 (directly opposite a manned police box), the no entry signs were still present, and the OTOP market was open, but vehicles were ignoring the signs and driving on the West bound carriageway. OK, it was a bit narrow, but I thought what the hell, TIT.

Water bill paid, I tried to exit. It took a while because of the vehicles driving the wrong way down this temporary pedestrianised area.

No, I'm not proud of what I did. In fact I was wondering why as I drove into the road with everybody else. At the end of the day, who was going to stop me? :? The police were busy with revenue collection opposite Salesian school.

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Car driver killed, 3 injured in railway crossing crash

SURAT THANI -- A man was killed and three other people injured when their car was hit by a train at a railway crossing in Wiang Sa district on Sunday night......

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... sing-crash
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:banghead: No barriers! Life is so cheap here.

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

While barriers will help, the rail authorities cannot be held accountable for irresponsible people. The onus should be on the individual to ensure they are safe before crossing a rail line. Thais just do not care or are totally stupid.
Do we ever hear of a Farang driving in front of a train? Not to say it has never happened.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've seen a few at Soi 94 crossing running the gauntlet. Not seen one fail to make it across yet.

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Numerous places in the US they put up small wooden white crosses where a lot of accidents have occurred. May mean nothing to them here to do that but it could shock some to see what non-thinking carelessness has caused. Here they do spirit houses in some high accident places, usually resulting with a person driving by in a car, bowing his head, closing his eyes momentarily and wai'ing, perhaps running into someone else and causing the spirit house population to grow? :shock: :wink: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:Numerous places in the US they put up small wooden white crosses where a lot of accidents have occurred. May mean nothing to them here to do that but it could shock some to see what non-thinking carelessness has caused. Here they do spirit houses in some high accident places, usually resulting with a person driving by in a car, bowing his head, closing his eyes momentarily and wai'ing, perhaps running into someone else and causing the spirit house population to grow? :shock: :wink: Pete :cheers:
Yes, it is common in Australia as well. Here most drivers cannot / do not read the road traffic signs, never mind follow them!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
buksida

Post by buksida »

One student killed and 20 injured in car crash
One student died and 20 others were injured when a song thaew, a pickup truck modified into a school bus, crashed into a roadside tree in Lom Khao district of Petchabun province on Wednesday.
The modified school bus was carrying 20 students from kindergarten to primary school levels when it was travelling on the Kaeng Tone-Song Puey road in Lom Khao district on Wednesday afternoon.

Lom Khao district chief officer Somluck Yoknoiwong said investigators suspected that the driver might have fallen asleep behind the wheel when he slammed the vehicle into a roadside tree because there were no traces of car tires on the road which would suggest that the driver had not applied brake to try to stop the vehicle before the crash.

All the injured students were taken to Yuparaj hospital in Lom Khao district for treatment. One seriously injured 5-year old student was pronounced dead shortly after he was taken to the hospital.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-st ... car-crash/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson