The Pick-Up Truck Thread

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Re: Which Pick-Up Truck?

Post by chelsea »

Big Boy wrote:Thanks chelsea - you've been very helpful :cheers:
Here is the one from the Aus site, looks much the same as you have. Only difference is that the pics on the Aus site only show them on 4WD models
Attachments
Ranger.jpg
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That's interesting, because the 4WD models here actually have a different Sports Bar. I don't like the Wildtrak version nearly as much.
2012-ford-ranger-wildtrak.jpg
2012-ford-ranger-wildtrak.jpg (19.53 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Big Boy wrote:That's interesting, because the 4WD models here actually have a different Sports Bar. I don't like the Wildtrak version nearly as much.
2012-ford-ranger-wildtrak.jpg
BB from memory the Wildtrack here is a higher ride height version to the normal 4WD so they may have a more upmarket bar on them. From memory I think that was the case for the previous model, so that may be the reason.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

BB from what I can see the Wildtrack is the upmarket version of the top of the range XLT that we get out in Aus, that is why the bar is different to yours.
Attachments
image72346_b.jpg
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, apart from the different Sports Bar, and an extra bit of (pretty patterned) plastic partially covering the bits that I wanted covered on mine, it's the same car. I know because mine was parked alongside a brand new wildtrak when I collected it yesterday. Looking closely at the wildtrack, I could see that it had the same 3/4 liner fitted as mine - this was really what calmed me down a little.

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The body panels will all be the same, they all come from the same press! What is different is the add on dill-berries.
From looking at some of those photos, it may be possible to fit the tub rails with a seperate finisher. Will probably depend a bit on just where the sports bar is fastened, and how many Somchais you have pissed off. :rasta:
It should not be rocket science to cut a bit of plastic around where any mountings are, including the full depth liner. I just wonder what the case may have been if it was some Phu Yai that wanted the full depth liner. :?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I agree with Nereus that it is possible. My 2004 Toyota Tiger P/U had a sports bar and full bed liner from Carryboy, and they indeed cut out slots in the liner edge to fasten the bar to the metal rail. Looked fine and never had any problems. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I know it's possible, and that longer bolts would have resolved the problem anyway. However, for that to happen, there would have been a lot of losing face. If I was really determined, I'd probably have to take it to a different Ford Dealer.

Basically, they've beat me into submission - too old to have my blood pressure raised for too long. Time to enjoy the most comfortable ride I've ever owned.

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

It's a shame as I have always liked Fords

Anyone deal with a Ford dealer in another town? Same same, or different?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

We bought a Ford Escape for her indoors a few years back. Bought from Ford is Samut Prakarn.

Definitely the Ford Dealers are not as slick as Honda and Toyota, and there facilities lack a little.

Had no major problems when ordered, was on time if I recall, waiting was about 2 months. Came with too many extras, that I didn't want! They could not remove them, so they stayed but didn't charge me. Also, for the extras that I did order, they asked me straight away, if I wanted Ford Original, or copy ones (Mitusbishi didn't do this, I ordered from the catalogue and they fitted copy ones - I complained, they offered to change, I decided not to bother)

I'd probably not buy another Ford, but that's only because the resale value is so crap!
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Sammo..The used car-dealers in HH want silly money for any used 4-door pick-ups...try going down to Pranburi..4 or 5 dealers with 4-door trucks for sale on the left side of main Rd going South.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I am pleased to report that just 143 days after ordering it, the whole of my car (OK, wrong liner) has been delivered. :D

Even better, they were good as gold at Ford today. Complimentary coffee, a lift home and my car delivered to the front door when complete.

Points 41; Position 18
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Wayhayy BB..maybe we all need to see the photo of it.. :thumb:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'll clean it first :oops:

Points 41; Position 18
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Did Ford not clean it for you? Everytime we take our car to Honda even for the slightest thing it comes back fully washed and valeted! Even the tyres look brand new!