The bikers thread; trips, news, chat, all things motorcycle

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: The bikers thread; trips, news, chat, all things motorcycle

Post by Ginjaninja »

There is a bike-week thread:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23072&hilit=bike+week
I will be heading up to Buriram for the 11st courtesy of the forum's sponsors....
Looking forward to it.
Will give Phuket bike-week a miss over Songkran.
GN.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Ginjaninja wrote:There is a bike-week thread:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23072&hilit=bike+week
I will be heading up to Buriram for the 11st courtesy of the forum's sponsors....
Looking forward to it.
Will give Phuket bike-week a miss over Songkran.
GN.
how did you get tickets?

i went to Korat on my bike during Songkran last year. Mad Max Fury Road.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

JamesWest wrote:how did you get tickets?
Kawasaki customer service at it's finest.
:cheers:
GN.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

What do you get when you cross a Harley with a '57 Chevy?
Bike.jpg
Bike.jpg (50.21 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Tired of your 2 wheeler? Try a 3 or even 4 wheeled bike!

"Yamaha’s three-wheeler motorcycle concept is headed to production"

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/yamaha-three ... 57215.html

"This Maserati-powered, 470 HP, 4-wheel motorcycle would make even Batman jealous"

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/maserati-v8- ... 24422.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Putting a car engine in a motorbike is crazy, you can get a better vehicle by sticking a motorbike engine into a car:

Super 7 GSX1300 Hayabusa
http://www.super7cars.com/Super7_Hayabusa_Caterham.html
warrior64
Novice
Novice

Post by warrior64 »

G,day expats .

My wife and I are looking at retiring in Hua Hin . In regard to transport,we are looking at getting a bike .

Dont laugh,but is there any dealers there that have 3 wheelers for sale ? If so how much ? :D
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

2 wheels at the front or the back?
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

All you motorcycle enthusiasts, better try and get along to the Motor Show in Bangkok this week. I did not realise that there could possibly be so many different types and makes of motorcycles in captivity in Thailand. Incredible!
Also a good range of accessories and clothing.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Samsung Smart Windshield needs to go into production ASAP

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/27/sams ... hud-video/

(Still have never gotten a youtube link to work on here!)
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

mmm isn't this a bit too much, if someone calls and I am busy with anything there is always another time.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hundreds of Motorcycles Briefly Block Bangkok Bridge
Hundreds gathered on Bhumibol Bridge yesterday evening for a two-wheel protest against a new ban on riding across the bridge and dozens of other spans in the capital.

In photos and videos shared online Thursday night, the event was described as a protest against a ban keeping them off a number of flyovers and underpasses around Bangkok. Many said it effectively prevented them from crossing the Chao Phraya River.

Police denied any such act of civil disobedience occurred, saying the cyclists assembled there only because they were afraid of being fined at a police checkpoint on the other side of the bridge.

“They saw a checkpoint, and they knew what they were doing was illegal,” said police Maj. Porameth Tangjitsamathi of the Phra Pradaeng Police Station. “So they waited on the bridge and rode down when we stopped checking.”

Poremeth said the group only gathered in the lane heading from Rama III Road to Phra Pradaeng for 15 minutes at 6pm. He believed there was about a thousand motorcycles.

Under the order issued Wednesday by the Metropolitan Police Bureau, motorcycles, bicycles and tuk-tuks cannot use the 39 flyovers and six underpasses in Bangkok which lack a lane for slower vehicles, such as Bhumibol Bridge.

Deputy Metropolitan police chief Maj. Gen. Adul Narongsak said the ban is aimed at relieving congestion from accidents. Those who violate it will be fined 500 baht to 1,000 baht, he said.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.ph ... section=12
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

IMG_3750.JPG
IMG_3750.JPG (50.64 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
Spotted this van today.
Jor Charoen Hua Hin which I believe is a Ford dealership. Any info. on them supplying big bikes?
:cheers:
GN.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They aren't only Ford, they also supply Honda bikes as well, and I think they've got their fingers in a few other dealerships as well..
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Honda eyes booming sales of big bikes after duty cut

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... r-duty-cut

Honda Motor Co is projecting a 20% increase in sales of its Japanese-made heavy motorcycles in Thailand next year following the elimination of tariffs under a bilateral trade deal, its Thai arm AP Honda Co said.

AP Honda vice-president Suchart Arunsaengroj said import duty on Japanese-built big bikes, or motorcycles with engine displacement above 400cc, is scheduled to be eliminated next year under the Japan-Thailand Economic Partnership Agreement, prompting Honda and other Japanese manufacturers to slash prices by 5%.

Since Honda began selling big bikes on the Thai market five years ago, the big-bike market has grown from around 1,000 units in annual sales to over 20,000 units.

"Eighty to 90% of big-bike users in Thailand are males aged over 30," Mr Suchart said, adding they are divided into two groups -- high-end customers and step-up customers who previously rode small-engine bikes. Buyers in the latter group are likely to continuously upgrade their bikes as new models become available.

He made the remarks during the ongoing Thailand International Motor Expo in Bangkok.
The best-selling model in the big bike market is a 650cc type, while the cheapest model is priced at 200,000 baht.

According to local data, new big-bike registration in the first 10 months of this year totalled 20,168 units, up 17% over the same period last year, and is expected to reach 25,000 units this year.

Honda is the market leader with a share of 38%, selling 7,639 big bikes in the first 10 months of this year, up 29% over the previous year, and aiming to achieve annual sales of 9,500 units. It is expanding its network of Honda Big Wing outlets, a big bike showroom and sales centre, from 13 to 19 this year.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!