2013 G9 Honda Accord

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: 2013 G9 Honda Accord

Post by Terry »

Dannie Boy wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: would you mind sharing with us how much it cost?
Never mind the cost, would you mind sharing with us?
Only if you wear a peaked cap!!
:lach:

Actually - on the inside edge of the front passenger seat, there are two control buttons to enable a rear seat passenger to move the said passenger seat forward and forward tilt - thus providing acres of rear seat leg room.
Son No 1 found this feature quite amusing at Mrs.T's expense :twisted:
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Are you planning on selling the Honda?
I'm not interested in the car, rather I'm interested in what you get for it, just to be shocked again at how cheap cars are here over their lifespan.
A 12 year old Civic in the UK would be worth about 35K (baht), but here 300-350K would be a ballpark figure for a car in reasonable condition. Can you remember how much it was new 600-700K ?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Honda has manuals on-line Terry. Below is link, probably for the right hand drive model but....it should be adequate until you get a print copy. Pete :cheers:

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/inform ... pe/manuals
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Not selling it Frank.
As I said earlier, we will keep it for a Hua Hin runaround. It's still a great car, but daddy wanted a new one!
Your valuation is correct - THB 350,000
It's a Civic VTEC/LEV 1.7 VTi AL (Auto with leather trim) One careful lady owner ( :roll: ) 200,000 Km and full service history by Honda.
Paid THB 900,000 for it in April 2001 - again it was top of the range at THB 830,000 then and I put THB 70,000 of goodies on it.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

prcscct wrote:Honda has manuals on-line Terry. Below is link, probably for the right hand drive model but....it should be adequate until you get a print copy. Pete :cheers:

Thanks for the link Pete, but sadly I cannot get it to work.......

Anyway - off to the temple now to get the interior roof daubed by Buddha :roll:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Terry wrote:Anyway - off to the temple now to get the interior roof daubed by Buddha :roll:
I feel for you Terry. I could have cried as I watched the monk vandalise my baby when it was less than a day old.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It can always just mysteriously disappear in a few weeks. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Terry wrote:
prcscct wrote:Honda has manuals on-line Terry. Below is link, probably for the right hand drive model but....it should be adequate until you get a print copy. Pete :cheers:

Yes, the PDF is painfully slow. Best to try later on I guess. Pete :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think my baby was scarred for life :cry:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Terry wrote:Including the few extras we ordered THB 1,812,000

The 2.4 Tech is the top model for G9 and is priced at THB1,799,000

Not cheap I know - but as Mrs.T says - I deserve it.

Who am I to argue 8)

It will have to last another 12 years like the Civic :cheers:
Thai prices are really expensive, that works out at £40,000 in the UK - nice car all the same. :cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thai prices are really expensive, that works out at £40,000 in the UK - nice car all the same. :cheers:
But it doesn't work like that, does it? Unless you're transferring all your money from the UK every time you buy something. In this case, it's not the Thai price that's expensive, it's the UK pound that's pathetic.
At 50 to the pound it would be £36k and at 60 it would be £30k.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Thai prices are really expensive, that works out at £40,000 in the UK - nice car all the same. :cheers:
But it doesn't work like that, does it? Unless you're transferring all your money from the UK every time you buy something. In this case, it's not the Thai price that's expensive, it's the UK pound that's pathetic.
Well a lot of us are retired so have to rely on our pensions or savings for income, so yes we do have to transfer (in my case) GBP to Thai baht and it therefore hits you how much cars (and everything else) costs. Anyway this is detracting from the positives about the new Honda Accord so :offtopic:
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

prcscct wrote:
Terry wrote:

Yes, the PDF is painfully slow. Best to try later on I guess. Pete :cheers:

Terry, many congratulations on the new car - I know how many years you've been waiting for this moment.
We#ll come and see you (I mean the Accord) next week - our Honda Brio will probably fit nicely in the boot (trunk) :roll:

I've sent you the pdf manual by the way (over 500 pages long). Just click on the Yousendit link in the email and it will download.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

dtaai-maai wrote:
You really don't want to compare prices for any new car here against what the same car costs in the West. It will make you cry every time. :cry: Pete :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

prcscct wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:
You really don't want to compare prices for any new car here against what the same car costs in the West. It will make you cry every time. :cry: Pete :cheers:
Hopefully the cars will last a good 10 years, so it's only tears once in a decade!!