Police checkpoints in Hua Hin

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

police traffic stop

Post by handdrummer »

Friday, heading south, on the way to market village, :roll: there was a police traffic stop. everybody was waived through except me. I stopped rolled down my window, the policeman leaned in and asked, "How much you sell?" (I was driving my wife's 23 yr. old Mercedes 160.) I just looked at him, shook my head "no" and was waived through. :roll:
lomuamart

Re: police traffic stop

Post by lomuamart »

You're knackered then. Expect to be stopped and severely fined for any and every minor transgression from now on :shock:
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Re: police traffic stop

Post by Bluesky »

A minor disguise may help... Put a Toyota badge on it
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
--AndY
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Police checkpoints in Hua Hin

Post by --AndY »

What's get me, is that I've drove all over Thailand, from pattaya to udon Thani, udon to HH all over Bangkok, and been stopped many times, oh I was driving a 4 by 4 Isuzu truck... I was doin about 95mph n I didn't see the guy stood in the road waving me 2 slow down for the check point, so I slammed on, nearly runnin him down haha, went through the check point like nothing had happened, n on with my day.....
So u can imagine my shock wen I got to HH and started to ride a motorbike, everyday I got stopped, the first Time was for no helmet, no licence and a illegal u turn.... 1000 bhat they wanted... I give in at 500... The next time I was stopped again, just no helmet n no licence, 500 bhat plz haha, he only got 200... The bib told me, everyday he's going to catch me, haha
My point is I went to panburi go my Thai licence, it took half a day to get, n only 250 baht... After that I didn't pay one cent went I was stopped....

Ohhh haha there is speed cameras in Thailand, as I found out went 3 speeding fines come through haha
Remember bar girls can't eat love! :twisted:
My nana use to say, Son if your got nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing at all!!!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

You clearly need to have your vehicle impounded and sold. And maybe your visa cancelled.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

I think the Forum has been infected by a troll.
Nobody claiming to be a "network engineer" would write in such an illiterate fashion.
Taikka
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Taikka »

Felipesed1 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:36 pm I think the Forum has been infected by a troll.
Nobody claiming to be a "network engineer" would write in such an illiterate fashion.
Agreed. Even not being a language bearer, the writing style of Andy makes me shrink.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Did you consider the Chang effect. Time will tell.
--AndY
Amateur
Amateur

Post by --AndY »

Bein a troll haha, clearly I've come to the wrong place... In no way shape or form I have trolled any one, I've never singled anyone out, all I did was tell people what happened to me... uv took the time out of your day to find all my posts, u my friend, in the trade, wud be known as a negative person... If fact ur the troll, singling people out by the way they are typing... Didn't know this was a very formal forum n u had the type the proper queens!!!!

Maybe I did drove like a loon.... Listen I'm a big boy n can take some criticism on the way I was driving, or I wouldn't of posted wot posted!! After all the the fines I got, I don't do it now! I drive like I wud in the uk...

At the end of the day I feel sorry ya pal, 555555 uv took time out of your busy day to find all my posts, and just come right out with it... Andy ur lair!! U can't work as a data network engineer cos of ur misspelling, grammar and ur over all text chat 55555

Take a chill pill, have a big Chang n relax... As the famous Geoff Carter wud say... "Keep smiling"
My nana use to say, Son if your got nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing at all!!!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Andy, don't worry (I can see that you don't), I and I'm sure many others appreciate your contributions to several threads already. You have plenty to share I think. Your typing style may be a bit rough and ready for a couple (with 200 posts between them :D ), no matter to me, your content has been nice. Keep posting please.

And keep that speed down! 555
Peroni
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Peroni »

Andy I like reading your posts, they keep my brain active trying to understand wot ur actually saying. Do try to avoid the BIB though, they win in the end.

John :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

--AndY wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:40 pmAs the famous Geoff Carter wud say... "Keep smiling"
Go on, I'll bite - who????
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

He's a youtube blogger making vids around Thailand. Always finishes with 'Keep Smiling'.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

The same kind of fare as "Kev 'ere"?
--AndY
Amateur
Amateur

Post by --AndY »

Cheers Johno 5555 a lil bit of banter didn't hurt no1...
Yeah I know they will always win pal, it was my mistake thinkin people wud learn from what I posted... But ovbs not... I got shot down pretty quick 5555... My point being, it only takes half a day to get ya license, also cheaper to get a tuk tuk wen ur pissed up, than to pay the bib.... But oh well....

There does seem to be a few good guys on ere, apart from the odd 1 or 2, but I wish them the best :)

555haha55 and I can't believe u don't know Geoff Carter... He's a proper top banana:)