Fortuner Car Rental 6 Months

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Fortuner Car Rental 6 Months

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Hi I have some friends coming over in August to test the water here. They are looking for a family SUV like a fortuner to rent long term.

Anyone recommend a long term, safe, properly insured car rental company. They don't want Hertz etc as the rates are crazy!

Cheers.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
buksida

Re: Fortuner Car Rental 6 Months

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
carhuahin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by carhuahin »

Why not click on the car in the corner or www.carhuahin.com
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Last time I was over used Thai Rent a Car. Pick up and drop off at the airport, have reception desk at airport. Fortuner 1 month hire B800 per day, new car 5000km on clock.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Thanks Guys. Do any offer any discounts as they will start renting during the low season when things are quite.

I'll give them the websites sponsors for sure and maybe a couple more if I get good feedback here.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
carhuahin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by carhuahin »

Hi Jimmy we have some offers here http://www.carhuahin/CarRentals/SpecialOffers
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

carhuahin wrote:Hi Jimmy we have some offers here http://www.carhuahin/CarRentals/SpecialOffers
You link is shite, here you go - http://www.carhuahin.com/CarRentals/SpecialOffers

I've let the guys know now, you'll (and a few others) be getting a call Monday I think.

Thanks everyone.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Both links worked for me :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

carhuahin wrote:Hi Jimmy we have some offers here http://www.carhuahin/CarRentals/SpecialOffers
This link will never work. It is missing the address. (.com)
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It did for me, and still does. I click the link, and my laptop inserts the .com. Maybe there there's something historically stored, but it definitely works. I'll try it on my tablet later when it comes off charge.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote:It did for me, and still does. I click the link, and my laptop inserts the .com. Maybe there there's something historically stored, but it definitely works. I'll try it on my tablet later when it comes off charge.
Didn't work on my tablet.

Points 41; Position 18
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

Actually do Avis, Budget and Hertz offer pretty good deals in low season if you contact them pr phone or email and ask for a deal on long term rental but forget booking through their webpages, the pr day prices coming up there is horrible. I paid Thb 13500,- pr month with one of the mentioned companies above on a 3 month deal for a nearly brand new Honda Jazz with 1. class insurance last year.

Hahuahin
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Big Boy wrote:It did for me, and still does. I click the link, and my laptop inserts the .com. Maybe there there's something historically stored, but it definitely works. I'll try it on my tablet later when it comes off charge.

Yes it's magic. It picks .com when there could be a many top level domain names! (.co.uk .ie .co.th) Yes I'd say it's cached (historically stored)
carhuahin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by carhuahin »

Thanks Jimmy for passing your friend to us and fixing my link :oops: Note the price http://www.carhuahin.com charges includes CDW and personal injury insurance for car ,driver and up to 6 passengers plus 24 hour breakdown cover and free second driver plus bail bond as well as bringing the car to home or hotel. Most important for many is we do not swipe a credit card and have a maximum excess of 5000 Baht also included in our price. Some companies rental rates may seem cheaper but often have addons and extras and can be expensive when the car is damaged. For instance a customer last week scratched the front of the hire car,we charged 1000 baht (our cost of repair). A national company will not usually be this flexible and can charge much more to your credit card as per their terms.
Support your local Britsh managed rental company for personal friendy efficient service with no small print.Check the reviews at thebottom of this page http://www.carhuahin.com. Hopefully the link will work on all, not only magic computers 8)
Kumiankka
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Kumiankka »

The one scratching the car was propably me. On a narrow tarmac road I stopped to give way for a forthcoming truck. When turning back to the road I brushed a concrete pole hiding behind the high bonnet of the Vigo. When I heard the left fender contacting something, I felt a cold breeze blowing from my wallet pocket.

I took few photos of the damage, and mailed them to Som. Next day the mail was answered with a offer of 1000 bath to cover the repair. I even got thanks for reporting the damage early, so they could arrenge the repairs right after I would return the car. In Finland I propably would pay the same amount. In Euros.