Crazy Motorcyclists

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Crazy Motorcyclists

Post by STEVE G »

RCer wrote:
Big Boy wrote:I only lived in the UK for 56 years - guess I was just not lucky enough to see it there.

Lesson learnt? No helmet, significant brain injury, maybe death. Disabled through the injuries , needing constant care - that's one hell of a lesson, and potential burden on the family, looking after a cabbage.

I guess we all have different perceptions of different situations e.g. I don't have a problem with loud music in night clubs. I don't have to go in - it's my choice. However, I've little choice but to share my road with these idiots.
You never drove a car or motocycle faster than the posted speed or weaved around traffic or rode a bycicle with no hands or roller skated in the wrong place?
I recently learnt that it's illegal in Thailand to roller skate after midnight!
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/2016 ... 454910110/
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I had my first Lambretta LI 150 just before my 16th birthday so that on the day of my birthday I was ready to go? I consider myself very lucky to have never had an accident on it (most of my mates did) but the closest I did was on my first day because I was driving too fast. Come the bank holidays, we would be off down to Margate, two up and flat out which was nigh on 70 mph - that's 110 kph or thereabouts and if I see a Thai youth travelling at 90-100 kph, I normally utter something to the effect that he'll kill himself doing that. So like others have said, it's not a case of condoning what they're doing, just a reflection of "I've been there myself many moons ago".
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Big Boy up in Issan the kids are even more crazy.

I would say you have lived on the edge getting on the footie bus every week with the lack of err wheel nuts on each wheel. :D :? :shock:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

kendo wrote:Big Boy up in Issan the kids are even more crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu598EhI7LU

I would say you have lived on the edge getting on the footie bus every week with the lack of err wheel nuts on each wheel. :D :? :shock:
Issan? Sorry mate but it a video done in Malaysia.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm really surprised BB that you've never seen these 'stupid' antics in the UK. I visit my mother who lives on a council estate in the north (Hull) and the kids there are careering around doing 'wheelies' on quad bikes (until they get caught). You must have lived in a 'posh' area!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel, I was dragged up in North Prospect (Swilly), Plymouth and the other half of my family lived in Hessle Road, Hull. Both areas demolished now. Neither area was demolished because it was 'posh'. The only time before yesterday that I've seen wheelies has been at organised events.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I see wheelies nearly every day on the khlong road. I also frequently see the same two or three young motorcyclists who have a good chance of not seeing 20 years old. Or maybe that road is good enough for 140 kph without any protective wear.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

centermid7 wrote:
kendo wrote:Big Boy up in Issan the kids are even more crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu598EhI7LU

Issan? Sorry mate but it a video done in Malaysia.

With Issan music to accompany it maybe the bike was bought into Thailand

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

The bike clearly shows a Malaysian reg plate and if that is Isaan music I'll show my arse in Burtons window.

You might also want to check the You Tube comments..they are identified as some kids from a village in Malaysia.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Big Boy wrote:HHTel, I was dragged up in North Prospect (Swilly), Plymouth and the other half of my family lived in Hessle Road, Hull. Both areas demolished now. Neither area was demolished because it was 'posh'. The only time before yesterday that I've seen wheelies has been at organised events.

Hessle Road and the fish docks. I lived on Selby St. by the railway line and a spit away from Hessle Rd and the docks.

A very posh area........ lol!
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

sateeb wrote:The bike clearly shows a Malaysian reg plate and if that is Isaan music I'll show my arse in Burtons window.

You might also want to check the You Tube comments..they are identified as some kids from a village in Malaysia.

Its really irrelevant where the origin of video or music came from the thread is about crazy motorcyclists :offtopic:

bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Not only do a lot of people do wheelies in the uk. We even have schools for it. Been to this one myself. Fantastic fun day out.

http://iwanttowheelie.co.uk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I accept that we have many members who condone this type of behaviour, as normal but I will never understand.

It happened again today as I nipped down to Khao Takiab to pick up some stuff for our dogs.

Everything was fine, and the road was usually quite quiet. Mrs BB distracted me for a second pointing out where she wanted to buy food from a roadside vendor on the way back. I was looking towards the vendor, when Mrs BB let out a tremendous gasp. I looked directly in front of me and the 3 schoolkids had decided to impress their mates waiting for them on the other side of the road by doing a wheelie across the road. They lost balance, but managed to steady their vehicle. They made it to the other side safely. Sound has been muted from the video due to many expletives.

The kiddie on the back was clearly struggling to hold on - if he had fallen, I'm not sure I'd have stopped in time. I'm sure the blame would have landed on the kids, but what damage would have been suffered with a Ford Ranger on top of him? How would I have felt?

There was obviously some sort of schools event taking place at Takiab Stadium - it was loaded with schoolkids.

On my way back, the same motorcycle was waiting to pull out, but this time with just 2 kids and what I took to be a school teacher or some other responsible adult on the back.

They sped past me, and then started to try to knock traffic bollards into the road as they passed them. Fortunately, they were as good at this as they were wheelies. I guess the teacher/adult was condoning the stupid behaviour.

Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I'm not sure anybody "condones" it but it is normal. At the least certainly not unusual.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

It's annoying when it's done in my moobahn, which has become a bit of an impromptu shortcut when the development at the end of the road decided to make a dead-end street passable through their compound. We've already had to pick up one casualty when she went at speed over those road humps, but the schoolkids seem to want to impress their girl pillions judging from the squeals and shrieks when they purposely go over these bumps.. At speed.. sigh. Youth. Was there once.. Dad never allowed me to get a motorbike, seeing as how I used to beat mum to the end of the road on my racing bicycle, and used to love to go round corners with the back wheel jammed into a skid..
วินเชนท์