Do you use your phone while driving.

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.

Do you use your phone while driving or riding, tell the truth

Yes
17%
No
40%
Hands free only
43%

Total votes: 35

RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Do you use your phone while driving.

Post by RCer »

Consider this, cell phones and internet are more important in much of the world than safe drinking water.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

RCer wrote:Consider this, cell phones and internet are more important in much of the world than safe drinking water.

also don't drink while I'm driving. :tsk:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:agree: Never, ever.

Actually, a white lie. In the UK my wife used to drive home, but I had to reverse the car onto the driveway.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

handdrummer wrote:
RCer wrote:Consider this, cell phones and internet are more important in much of the world than safe drinking water.

also don't drink while I'm driving. :tsk:
Water
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Ha, now our software has been updated, I can show the Thai using his phone. 10/10 for wearing his helmet btw:

Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Takiap wrote:Personally, I think phones should automatically be disabled once you start the engine. Check Facebook when you are not behind the wheel. :duck: :cheers:
"A driving mode for phones? Technology can't stop irresponsible people."

Source: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/ur ... hAEo914&e=
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Takiap wrote:
Personally, I think phones should automatically be disabled once you start the engine. Check Facebook when you are not behind the wheel. :duck:

:cheers:
Wiil maybe work on new cars, reason for me not to change car.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

So this implies you use your phone while driving, care to justify that
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I only use my phone to watch videos while driving. I don't want to be distracted by phone calls.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

There have been a couple of recent cases here in the UK of lorry drivers convicted of causing death by dangerous driving - while using their phones. One in particular had dash cam footage which has been shown on TV news. If you haven't seen it over there might be worth searching for. Horrific. The look on the drivers face when he realises he can't avoid crushing the car in front of him into another lorry says it all.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Back in the day (1992) when I finally bought my first car here, and got my first mobile phone (the venerable Nokia 101) I had to ferry my son to the babysitter and back. Juggling with a baby seat and the mobile phone (note that seat belts at this time were still optional in Thailand) I found a place that would install a hands free kit. The best thing I ever did.
I continue this practice till today.
Note that now in Sillypore you need to use the seat belts in the rear seat too so you are limited to the number of seat belt vs passengers...
วินเชนท์
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

VincentD wrote:Back in the day (1992) when I finally bought my first car here, and got my first mobile phone (the venerable Nokia 101) I had to ferry my son to the babysitter and back. Juggling with a baby seat and the mobile phone (note that seat belts at this time were still optional in Thailand) I found a place that would install a hands free kit. The best thing I ever did.
Note that now in Sillypore you need to use the seat belts in the rear seat too so you are limited to the number of seat belt vs passengers...

Same in Dk were im from,and when you see some crash test with people that dont using seat belt in the rear,you would tell people to use them next time for your own safety

Merry Christmas and stay safe

:cheers: :cheers:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Do you use your phone while driving.

Post by hhinner »

bsdk1960 wrote:
VincentD wrote:Back in the day (1992) when I finally bought my first car here, and got my first mobile phone (the venerable Nokia 101) I had to ferry my son to the babysitter and back. Juggling with a baby seat and the mobile phone (note that seat belts at this time were still optional in Thailand) I found a place that would install a hands free kit. The best thing I ever did.

Same in Dk were im from,and when you see some crash test with people that dont using seat belt in the rear,you would tell people to use them next time for your own safety

Merry Christmas and stay safe

:cheers: :cheers:
Agreed! That's what I do. I just tell those in the back that I don't really care if they die in an accident, but I don't want them to kill me on their way to the windscreen.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Do you use your phone while driving.

Post by margaretcarnes »

Agreed! That's what I do. I just tell those in the back that I don't really care if they die in an accident, but I don't want them to kill me on their way to the windscreen.[/quote]

The rear seat belt law has been in force in the UK for heaven knows how many years now, and newer cars have a nasty habit of beeping until all passengers have fastened said seat belts.

I can't complain though. When you find yourself upside down in a car in a field off the M62 with some fireman asking you if there was anyone in the rear of the car you are trapped in it kind of makes you glad that you had your seat belt on at point of impact.

Trust me folks - clunk click.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Yes............ I can drive and talk at the same time. Even do it when not using the phone.