Car rental

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
khun_piet
Novice
Novice

Car rental

Post by khun_piet »

Hi guys!

Can anyone please advise some good and cheap car rental companies? Not the big ones like Hertz etc but rather local ones or even individuals. Many thanks. Khun Piet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buksida

Re: Car rental

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

We rented a car from our car salesman's cousin. Sounded great, nice car, no written contract. Paid the ten days I needed in advance. Nice people but when we had a problem with the car it was all on us.....ran into a pothole, ruined a tire and broke the plastic radiator housing putting the jack in the wrong place. No other car available so ended up getting the car fixed myself....7,000 baht out the window (fortunately our condo Manager helped me get it fixed.....the rental guys didn't even bother to come and look at it).

Anyway, sometimes no rules is great. Sometimes it bites you in the rear. Next time I'll use a big brand rental company.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip