Need help to understand local bus protocols

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

Need help to understand local bus protocols

Post by joyvee »

Hello, I need some advice on the practice of coaches, small vans and other cars slowing down whilst I am waiting for 10 bht bus from Suan Son Pradiphat. I was standing in traffic island outside entrance in middle of rd so I could cross to left hand side of rd and I noticed vehicles slowed down as if they were expecting me to catch them into town

. Is this what was happening? As I am a very mature and rounded woman I was not expecting the practice to have any dubious motivation.

A few years ago a coach did stop at designated bus shelter and drove me into town so I guessed he was picking up a little extra income on the way. Thought some of you locals might shed light on this practice. Thanks for your help. Joy
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Need help to understand local bus protocols

Post by Pleng »

Yes they are slowing down to try and collect you. You can just ignore them or if you prefer you can shake your head to indicate you're not wanting to be picked up.
joyvee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by joyvee »

Thanks for your help. What price should you pay to go into Hua Hin?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

10bt. 15bt after 7pm.