Third party liability insurance for car rental

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
morts
Rookie
Rookie

Third party liability insurance for car rental

Post by morts »

We are debating if we should rent a car and what the rental and insurance might be. We have a very good CDW or the collision insurance, to cover repairing our rental car damages from the accident if we are at fault, from our credit card which has to be used to pay for the entire rental, but our credit card does not cover for the third party liability insurance ( to pay for repairs of the other side`s vehicle and physical injury if we are at fault in the accident). Can someone please answer these question for us:
-if the car rental rate usually include the third party liability insurance or do we have to pay extra
-If the third party liability insurance`s included in the rental cost, how much it`s covered by the thai law.
-if not, about how much per day we have to pay for that insurance.
-Can someone recommend us a good car rental service in Hua Hin which has proper insurance coverage for their car rental
-What kind of rates are we expecting to pay per day or week

Thks so much in advance

StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Third party liability insurance for car rental

Post by StevePIraq »

be careful about renting from private or small companies as I doubt they will have insurance. My own insurance clearly excludes rental of vehicle so please check this.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
nil
Professional
Professional

Re: Third party liability insurance for car rental

Post by nil »

I've used this company without any issues. They have full insurance.

http://www.easycarrentalhuahin.com