Used Motorcycle Helmet

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Used Motorcycle Helmet

Post by thecolonel »

Any ideas what a fair price range is for a used helmet Male Large size? i hear there is a shop near railway station but someone thought new ones only ? are there other shops? all answers appreciated
robcar
Professional
Professional

Re: Used Motorcycle Helmet

Post by robcar »

You can buy a new one for anything from 200 baht upwards.............how much you spend depends on how much you value your life.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

I'm a hard fit (L), bought new for 600 and sure it will take a few bounces, even hard. If it cracked, not sure the rest of me would be worth saving at that point.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Never buy a used helmet, unless you're just wearing it for looks.

Thailand has a safety standard based on ECE and DOT standards. It is called TIS. All approved helmets have a sticker on the back stating TIS.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

ah ok new is fine then, so 1000 bht gets you a goof standard helmet ? anyone know the railway station shop ocean side or mountain side?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

thecolonel wrote: a goof standard helmet
I think that sums up Thai helmets rather well! :laugh:
This is the way
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

thecolonel wrote:ah ok new is fine then, so 1000 bht gets you a goof standard helmet ? anyone know the railway station shop ocean side or mountain side?
It is N of the Railway bar/restaurant. Has an orange door with a Harley Davidson sign on it.
buksida

Post by buksida »

If you want a real motorcycle helmet you should go here: http://www.huahinmedia.com/clubmoto.php

Edit: not cheap, but neither is your head!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote:If you want a real motorcycle helmet you should go here: http://www.huahinmedia.com/clubmoto.php
I guess this is what to expect in the LOS - the opening paragraph of the link Buksi

Club Moto is a division of Kawasaki offering big bikes, accessories, and clothing. We also have a bar and coffee shop so make an ideal pit stop for bikers on their way in or out of Hua Hin.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Clubmoto is closed.
buksida

Post by buksida »

RCer wrote:Clubmoto is closed.
It has moved, not closed, map to the new location on the link.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Thanks all. Update on my motorbike helmet search....my motorbike taxi man took me to a scooter spare parts shop on Sa Song Rd at the fresh market end, ocean(East) side of road. About 20 to choose from, all new, I got an Index one with tinted visor for 410 bht. Prices seemed to be 200 to 650 ish. Limited selection though, not for the serious biker IMO.

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk