Road Closure Soi 88 Railway Crossing to Station

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Re: Road Closure Soi 88 Railway Crossing to Station

Post by Big Boy »

A couple of publicity shots of the development:
Credit: นพพร วุฒิกุล
Credit: นพพร วุฒิกุล
The Thai commentary says:
ผมพร้อมสท.ธงชัย เพชรสงคราม เมื่อช่วงเย็นวานนี้ได้ลงพื้นที่ดูการเทพื้นผิวถนนบริเวณจุดตัดรถไฟซอยหัวหิน 88 โดยมีการพูดคุยสอบถามบริษัทผู้รับจ้างถึงการดำเนินโครงการฯ. ว่าวันนี้มีการเทพื้นผิวถนนด้านขวามือก่อนข้ามจุดตัดรถไฟไปชุมชนเขาพิทักษ์ครับ จึงจำเป็นจะต้องปิดการใช้เส้นทางตั้งแต่สถานีรถไฟหัวหินถึงซอยหัวหิน88โดยเฉพาะรถยนต์ครับ และคาดว่าจะเปิดให้รถยนต์ใช้เส้นทางนี้ในวันอาทิตย์นี้ครับ ส่วนวันจันทร์จะทำการปิดถนนจากปากซอยหัวหิน 88 เพาเวอร์บายไม่ให้รถเข้าออกเพื่อเทคอนกรีตอีกช่วงครับ ผมต้องขออภัยพี่น้องประชาชนในการสัญจรด้วยรถยนต์จะไม่สะดวกในระหว่างการดำเนินโครงการฯ เนื่องจากจำเป็นจะต้องให้พื้นผิวถนนที่เทคอนกรีตเซ็ตตัวก่อนนะครับ. ส่วนรถจักรยานยนต์บริษัทผู้รับจ้างจะทำทางเบี่ยงโดยจะมีเจ้าหน้าที่งานจราจร สภ.หัวหิน และเจ้าหน้าที่เทศกิจจะมาอำนวยความสะดวกให้ นอกจากนี้หลังจากมีการขยายถนน จำเป็นจะต้องดูแลในเรื่องของเครื่องกั้นรถไฟอัตโนมัติจากเดิม 2 แท่น เป็น 4 แท่น แต่ในระหว่างการก่อสร้างนั้นจำเป็นจะต้องจัดหาเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำจุดในการลากแผงกั้นรถไฟเป็นการชั่วคราว โดยแบ่งเป็นรอบเวลาละ รอบละ 8 ชม.ต่อ เจ้าหน้าที่ 2 คน ผมต้องขอขอบคุณเจ้าหน้าที่มูลนิธิสว่างธรรมสถานหัวหิน ที่ส่งเจ้าหน้าที่จิตอาสามาอำนวยความสะดวกให้กับพี่น้องประชาชนผู้ใช้เส้นทางด้วยนะครับ
Which translates as:
I'm ready for this. Thongchai Diamond War when yesterday evening. On the floor to see the fairy. Surface area. Cut off point road, train, hua hin soi 88 by have a conversation. Ask the company contractor to complete the project. Today was a fairy. Surface streets right hand side before crossing point cut a train to the community. He watch, so it will need to disable the route from hua hin railway station to soi 88 hua hin, especially cars. and expect to open up a car to use this route. In This Sunday. As for Monday will close the road from hua hin soi 88, bye. Don't let the car out to pour the concrete... I have to ask people's brothers walk in with a car won't be easy to complete during the project result Need to make the surface streets take the concrete set first... The Motorcycle Company Contractor will do the bank by a traffic officer job security. Hua hin and agent yam will facilitate business to. In addition, after the extended road will need to take care of in about the auto train barrier 2 different podium is 4 altars during construction, but it will need to supply officer on point to drag, The train is a temporary, divided around time. Around. 8 hours. Per Agent 2 people I need to ask. Thank you officer light foundation wrong hua hin facility sent agent psycho volunteered to facilitate for the people's brothers road users.
My take on this is it's going to get worse before it gets better. Hopefully the end result will be worth it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You need a video/camera drone to keep on top of what appears to be happening. Wouldn't be a bad forum investment as so many possible uses. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - Maybe Lev will buy us one if we promise not to break it :wink:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:LOL - Maybe Lev will buy us one if we promise not to break it :wink:
Needs a separate thread. Take Palm Bistro as an example.... nice music + aerial shots zooming into a table with Sunday's offering on it with a scrumptious young lady looking up with a :thumb: extended , then showing the road route to the place. It's worth $$, and new dining customers. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

BigBoy
A couple of publicity shots of the development:
I see you are using Facebook or Google to translate which converts Thai into straight gobledegook
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

here's another road story. soi 56/58. a year ago they tore up and "repaired" the two sois that join at the tracks. 6 months later they redid soi 58 from the tracks to petchkasem. a couple of weeks ago they once again tore up soi 56 and closed 58 to install new water drainage pipes. they never did address the water leakage problem on soi 58 just west of the tracks and there's always water running into the soi and hiding the large hole waiting to break your axel. I guess this is what is meant by job security. the never ending road work on the same road. it's really a shame that Thailand is such a screwed-up country. my wife tells me that growing up in Bangkok during the 60's & 70's was wonderful, then came the mayor who decided to drain and fill in the canals to make roads for all the new cars that were coming. I suppose it was necessary but it was the beginning of the end.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

11:30 this morning usual chaos, no access and someone had pushed the barrier on Railway Road at the train station away and vehicles where driving south just to be blocked at 88, no one on duty to enforce the closure
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Soi 88, Petchkasem to railway closed today. Of course, motorcyclists are ignoring the closure. :cuss:

If travelling North take left immediately after Villa Market or Soi 80.

If travelling South, take U-Turn after Market Village and use Soi 94.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A short video of my drive through the roadworks at midday today. Barely any difference compared to pre-roadworks (sound should have been dumbed down to eliminate a few expletives :oops:

The more observant amongst you will spot a Farang committing the most heinous of crimes - no shirt on (I thought I'd mention that, just in case any you might be offended. Watch at your own peril :D ).

I love the motorcycle that decides it's found a short cut to Hat Yai, and decides to go off down the railway track. It reminded me of my younger days cycling through Devonport Dockyard, and then getting the wheels caught in the sunken rail tracks. You just knew when that happened, you were going down :laugh: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo2K4oPmoeM

[Edit] OMG, I've just noticed the state of my bonnet after this morning's shower.

Points 41; Position 18
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Does anyone know what the end result is going to be like. A friend has said he has been told it's going to be a roundabout/traffic island.

I'm up for the entertainment value of that ....... :cuss:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The early Thai notices said it would be a roundabout, but IMO it will be a very narrow roundabout.

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Railway Road is open again crossing the rail line, no access to Soi 88 going to Phetkasem, no roundabouts of any sort
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

The beginnings of a small roundabout have appeared on the western side of the railway line.......... this should be fun :roll:
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

The past week or so the traffic flow has IMO been better that it has ever been. Some cones, some barriers, and some guys with brand new whistles have done wonders. Now that the final layout has started to show itself I think that it is going to be a total cock-up and who can be surprised about that ? They have made the intersection larger (that's good) but that smallish roundabout is just going to get in the way of what was happening all ready (that's bad).

True to their nature the Thai people will drive in any way or direction that they want to and the traffic pattern will sort itself out for whomever did the design and all will be well.

We see this kinda stuff all over Thailand and, for me, always begs the question: Is there anywhere in whole of Thailand a trained certified experienced traffic engineer? I think I know the answer.

Cheers!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Road Closure Soi 88 Railway Crossing to Station

Post by hhinner »

centermid7 wrote:... Is there anywhere in whole of Thailand a trained certified experienced traffic engineer? I think I know the answer.

Cheers!
Sure. But their family businesses make witches hats (cones).

Sent from my P9 using Tapatalk