Road Closure Soi 88 Railway Crossing to Station

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Road Closure Soi 88 Railway Crossing to Station

Post by hhinner »

The photo is a bit indistinct but it looks like it says ให้รถในวงเวียนไปก่อน - literally "let vehicles in the roundabout go first". วงเวียน = roundabout.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You're probably right. Translation was from my wife! Either way, it means pretty much the same.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Just a point about the roundabout at S88--it seems to be working better, still unruly by western standards but my journies through it recently have been smooth.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I agree, in a strange sort of Thai way, it works well.

In the early days I was treating it as a real roundabout, but eventually realised that if you read the road markings, it is a 100% Thai invention.

There are still some crazy maneuvers on the roundabout, but you just have to leave enough space/time to react to those.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I was there today, road closed fora LONG time to allow a train to pass, then the gate lifted, what a cavalry charge, I wanted to go straight ahead up 88 but got swept araound to make an unwanted left turn, but did not feel threatened.