Ceramic/glass coating.

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Ceramic/glass coating.

Post by huahin4ever »

Are there any shops/companies that does this kind of work in Hua Hin? For those not sure what I'm talking about, check out the attached link:

http://www.ceramicpro.com/
YNWA
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Re: Ceramic/glass coating.

Post by J.J.B. »

I'm picking up a new car on Friday (nearly new, ex-fleet car with 9k miles, 12 months old) and am having a ceramic coating applied by this outfit http://www.williamscarproducts.com/ceramic-coat/

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when buying the car my new one is replacing, only this time the dealer was offering Autoglym Lifeshine, which is wax-based. I have to confess feeling a bit of a chump paying for this stuff and reading-up on car forums suggests it's just "snake oil". Apparently you can buy the stuff, or similar, from eBay but that's probably a risk in itself too!

What's your take on it?
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

J.J.B. wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:44 pm I'm picking up a new car on Friday (nearly new, ex-fleet car with 9k miles, 12 months old) and am having a ceramic coating applied by this outfit http://www.williamscarproducts.com/ceramic-coat/

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when buying the car my new one is replacing, only this time the dealer was offering Autoglym Lifeshine, which is wax-based. I have to confess feeling a bit of a chump paying for this stuff and reading-up on car forums suggests it's just "snake oil". Apparently you can buy the stuff, or similar, from eBay but that's probably a risk in itself too!

What's your take on it?
First: Is that linked location in Hua Hin, which is my question?

Second: May take on this is that it is well worth if it is done professionally. I have a mechanic friend who lives in Pattaya and only have expensive BMWs. Everytime he buys a new car he takes it to a company there which is called Glass Coating. And as he is a mechanic and also very pedantic, he has told me it is excellent treatment for the car's coating.
YNWA
thaicookingchef
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thaicookingchef »

Hello,

Of course car coating is useful in Thailand, too much sun and too much rain.

Wax can help but must be done every month, coating every 3 years.

Where have you done it around Hua hin ?

Thanks.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

When I bought my Pajero Sport at the end of 2016, the dealer in Cha Am offered the service, I can't remember exactly how much now but I recollect thinking it was quire expensive so declined - I assume it would have been a third party rather than Mitsubishi themselves.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

As far as I have found out there are no places in Cha Am and Hua Hin that does this. The closest is in Ratchaburi and is called Ceramic Pro. They told me the price is 35k baht and they will use a whole day from 9 to 5 doing it.
YNWA
yves

Car coating, where to go ?

Post by yves »

Hi,

Could you tell me where i can get a new car coated in HH ? Price please ?

huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: Car coating, where to go ?

Post by huahin4ever »

yves wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 1:46 pm Hi,

I don't know if you have read the thread, but as far as I have found out there are no places doing ceramic/glass coating in Hua Hin. The closest I have found is Ceramic Pro in Ratchaburi, and when I contacted them for info they answered the treatment will take one full day and the price is 35,000 baht.
YNWA
yves

Re: Car coating, where to go ?

Post by yves »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 9:28 pm
yves wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 1:46 pm Hi,

I don't know if you have read the thread, but as far as I have found out there are no places doing ceramic/glass coating in Hua Hin. The closest I have found is Ceramic Pro in Ratchaburi, and when I contacted them for info they answered the treatment will take one full day and the price is 35,000 baht.

Ok thanks :D
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Hi, picked up on an old thread the previous posts( 2017) about Ceramic coating for cars.
Does anyone have recent experience/cost/views about ceramic coating or glass coating in Hua Hin.
Any information would be appreciated thanks
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Highflyer wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:48 pm Hi, picked up on an old thread the previous posts( 2017) about Ceramic coating for cars.
Does anyone have recent experience/cost/views about ceramic coating or glass coating in Hua Hin.
Any information would be appreciated thanks
I had mine done at Glossline on Pala U Road.

I can't remember the cost, about 14k Maybe? They have 2 prices, for a couple of k more you can go back twice in a year to have any 'repairs' done. I haven't been back for any repairs but I rarely use the car, I will go back and have it checked before the warranty expires.

Cost depends on the car size, it will be on their FB page or website.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

To add to above comment, I had a car on 'loan' for about a month which had been glass coated somewhere in BKK, I can't remember where but it had the companies sticker on the back windscreen. It was yellow but looked really good, shiny, just like glass !

Mine is white and it hasn't had the same effect, whether because of the colour or inferior product I wouldn't know.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Sorry Pagey for the delay in replying, was it the Ceramic coating you recieved at Glossline? We're you happy with the job they done, thanks for any advice.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Highflyer wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:27 am Sorry Pagey for the delay in replying, was it the Ceramic coating you recieved at Glossline? We're you happy with the job they done, thanks for any advice.
The leaflet/ad is in Thai but I asked them via Line and they said it's glass coating, 12k - 20k depending on the size of the car.

Personally I'm not sure it's made any difference, I don't look at it and think wow, that's shiny like I did the yellow car.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Thanks for the info👍