New Petrol Station Soi 94

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

New Petrol Station Soi 94

Post by Pagey »

There's a new petrol station being built on Soi Charon Pattana 2, driving from Soi 94 just past the Football Station on the opposite side of the road. Just hope the attendants are not as surly as the miserable git who operates the one on Soi 94.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: New Petrol Station Soi 94

Post by HHTel »

Not sure where you mean, but that will be an improvement. The only petrol station on the south side of HH is the one over the flyover.
The one on Soi 94 has rigged pumps as has been proven many times. You can pay up to 40% more for fuel there.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

It's on the road that runs between soi 94 and 102.
I don't believe that pump is rigged at all on 94 but as expected for a small independent outlet the price is much higher than the Shell, Essex, PTT etc probably the same price as buying from a bottle or a machine.

Man in pub circa 1987.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

The operators on 94 are usually 10 Bt higher /liter and you will NEVER get a smile. You WILL get petrol spilled all over everything as they whip the nozzle out of the tank.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

they have 2 pumps one about 8b higher and the other much higher--check the price and point to the lower price one.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Pagey wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:20 pm It's on the road that runs between soi 94 and 102.
I don't believe that pump is rigged at all on 94 but as expected for a small independent outlet the price is much higher than the Shell, Essex, PTT etc probably the same price as buying from a bottle or a machine.
Test it. You can get more litres in your bike there than at most other stations. It's not just the price per litre but the measurement of a litre!!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just passed the new station. Obviously not a mainstream petrol station, just another private 2 pump outfit. Not the improvement I was hoping for.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

??? If that is the "new station" that the OP is on about? It's been there for for quite some time!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well it's still being built and it's just where the OP described.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - drove past it twice this morning. Even though it's exactly where the OP describes, I almost missed it the first time driving past. IMHO it's in the most unlikely of locations, and I think I'd struggle to get my truck alongside a pump. Of course, I might be wrong - it may all make sense when it's finished.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I don't know what the delay has been but it's finally opened nearly a year after building started.

Man in pub circa 1987.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I was told a while ago that they were having trouble getting a licence.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Pulled in there Friday afternoon. They had both diesel and 95 available at the pumps
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There was no obvious price board visible when I drove past earlier. How much per litre was it?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It'll be interesting to see how it competes with the other one on 94. That one has been getting away with 'doctored' pumps for years. The price on the pump doesn't always hold true.