Odd/Even Days Parking on Soi 94

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Odd/Even Days Parking on Soi 94

Post by Big Boy »

Workmen are currently erecting signs on Soi 94 indicating parking on Odd/Even days in future. This will help the snowbirds, giving them a straight run as they wander down Soi 94 4 and 5 abreast :cuss:

All they need to do now is get rid of those hideous pots placed outside of some establishments forcing people to park 4' from the side of the road.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
robcar
Professional
Professional

Re: Odd/Even Days Parking on Soi 94

Post by robcar »

I noticed yesterday that we also have some on 88, well I've spotted one just down from Malee and 7/11.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I think the 88 ones have been there for a few days now.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well that was a good exercise in keeping workmen employed. I've been on that road a few times since the signs went up, and there's no difference whatsoever.

Whatever happened to the city's wheel clamps?

Points 41; Position 18
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Same here on 88. Nothing has changed, all the usual parkers still parking in the same places (spaces) :tsk:
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

There is actually a noticeable difference if you go down Chomsin Road,i was asked to move my motor scooter across the road by the staff in Buffalo Tavern,and then realized there were no vehicles outside,Celtic Inn/Jailhouse.The girls in Buff Tavern informed me that the police have checked twice a day since wednesday,and have attempted to fine several farang 200 baht,pointing to the new signs,stating odd/even!!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, but the police had to start doing their job before anybody started taking notice. I doubt there are enough police willing to work in Hua Hin to enforce the signs they are putting up. :?

It's a shame because they always find plenty to man the tea money revenue points, and there are plenty to create what appear to be illegal roadblocks late at night.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I see the restrictions have now been posted on the road between Soi 88 and Soi 94. Definitely needed, but nobody is taking any notice of the signs.

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

They are posted on Soi 94. I went for breakfast at Nit's and the obvious place to park is opposite by the wall. However, 'No Parking Odd Days' and today being the 5th!! Parking on the opposite side is not an option as people living there have their cars parked 'nose in' to their front doors. Consequently, I had to park in one of the sois around the corner. It really hasn't been thought out as usual.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I notice all of the signs have gone again.

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I think they were taken down after a couple of weeks. Totally impractical.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Sign or no sign,they are still being adhered to in Chomsin road as of this morning,with traffic police giving tickets to motor scooter as well as the 1 random car parked on the wrong side.It will be interesting to see what occurs over this holiday weekend,Needless to say most people will not venture into the town,unless necessary.
Changing the subject,i believe all bars will either be closed,or no alcohol tomorrow,,,,,,,not a great location to be in for the final rugby test!!!