Jump starters

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Jump starters

Post by Nereus »

Thai car batteries are well known for failing without warning, usually just when you need them the most!

The following shows a couple of different models. I have had one of the smaller units for about 3 years and it has been a life saver on several occasions. However, I let the battery run down and forgot to charge it, so it also failed.

The first one that I had was just a jump starter, but also had a cable to use as a power bank. It cost at the time
3,000 Baht, and the battery was rated at 10,000mAh, or 10 amps. But as a jump starter it put out around 200 amps for just a few seconds.

Like everything else, they have been further developed, and the new one I have is rated at 60,800mAh, or 60 amps. It has a maximum few seconds output of around 600 amps. It also comes with a small air compressor, probably only good for a push bike, or top up a motorbike tyre, plus a range of 3 different voltages that will drive a laptop or act as a power bank for a phone. It can be re-charged either from the mains or a cigar lighter plug in a car.

Several different units listed and all less than 2,000 Baht. Good insurance and simple to use.

http://www.lazada.co.th/car-jump-starte ... =1&sc=Ee0g
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!