Poor choice of dashcams on Lazada!

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Poor choice of dashcams on Lazada!

Post by VincentD »

Yes, I've been PR in Thailand since 1988. I started using radar detectors back in 1993, they do have radar and laser traps around, and I used to drive extensively so found it was a necessity then. I don't drive as much now, so it's more a habit than anything. It's to save the hassle of being pulled over, and the 'chase' to find the locations. If you take the fines into consideration, it's probably not worth the investment. But then again, I am a bit of a gadget freak 8)
วินเชนท์
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

VincentD wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:11 am Yes, I've been PR in Thailand since 1988. I started using radar detectors back in 1993, they do have radar and laser traps around, and I used to drive extensively so found it was a necessity then. I don't drive as much now, so it's more a habit than anything. It's to save the hassle of being pulled over, and the 'chase' to find the locations. If you take the fines into consideration, it's probably not worth the investment. But then again, I am a bit of a gadget freak 8)
I hear you, I'm a tech fanatic too, early adopter usually. Except that now I'm retired I don't have the cash to splash! :)
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I use a Garmin GDR 45, expensive but reliable.

What is a good cheap device to playback the video when Mr. Plod needs to be shown what happened?
I do not have a fart phone, and I do not usually carry my laptop around with me, unless going on a long trip. The cam uses a micro SD card and plays back on my laptop using a USB adapter, but I would like something that I can leave in the car.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Can you not playback on the device itself?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:15 pm Can you not playback on the device itself?
No, not that I am aware of. Besides, the image is only about 2" square, so not really of much use.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Nereus, the spec sheet of your dashcam indicates that you can play back the recorded video on the dashcam itself. One hopes you would not have to. My last accident, before the days of dashcams, I used to keep a disposable camera in the glove compartment. I ever I was involved in any accident, I would take pictures before even talking to anyone. It saved me one or two insurance hassles back in the day.. When they still did develop film and print real pictures - seems so long ago :roll:
วินเชนท์
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Nereus, the spec sheet of your dashcam indicates that you can play back the recorded video on the dashcam itself.
Thanks, I will have another look at it. The book that I have is not very clear about it, just goes into great detail about the player software that can be downloaded on to a PC.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: RE: Re: Poor choice of dashcams on Lazada!

Post by huahin4ever »

VincentD wrote:Nereus, the spec sheet of your dashcam indicates that you can play back the recorded video on the dashcam itself. One hopes you would not have to. My last accident, before the days of dashcams, I used to keep a disposable camera in the glove compartment. I ever I was involved in any accident, I would take pictures before even talking to anyone. It saved me one or two insurance hassles back in the day.. When they still did develop film and print real pictures - seems so long ago :roll:
And that is even easier now when all have smart phones with cameras.
YNWA