Selling a car

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Selling a car

Post by StevePIraq »

Looking for some advice on how/where to sell a used car as there does not seem to be a market in HH.

I bought my car from Nissan so today I went to Nissan to see if they will buy the car, response.... dah what mean we sell no buy. Do you have a used car dealership? .......dah

Went to the used dealer just north of Index, much the same response. Neither could or were willing to give a valuation, just asked how much I wanted.

Went to Ford and GM they said they would take only if I buy a new car but still would not give a valuation.

I will advertise in the forum classified soon but wanted to get a valuation.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Re: Selling a car

Post by buksida »

This was asked last year, specifically about valuations: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=32570
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Try Bahtsold.com, Craigslist.com and many of the local fb classifieds, eg Hua Hin BUY/SELL/RENT/SWAP or Hua Hin used items for sale. All free.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

You could ask K. Pichai at "L" Motors opposite the Palace just before the lights going North. He, or rather his Father, used to dabble in used cars, and also has an outlet just before Cha Am.

There is a used car yard further out on Petchkasem Rd on the east side of the road. Not sure near which Soi, but further North than Soi 19. But any dealer is going to offer a low price, and not be interested in telling you a value.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Pagey wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:50 pm Try Bahtsold.com, Craigslist.com and many of the local fb classifieds, eg Hua Hin BUY/SELL/RENT/SWAP or Hua Hin used items for sale. All free.

That's a good tip, I think I have the price right so I will make put together a post. Just surprised there seem to be no dealers around HH, always plenty in BKK and Patts
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Pranburi
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

For what it's worth, I bought mine via the classified's on here.
Talk is cheap
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

I sold my Ford to brother-in-law, he wanted it.(Maybe you have someone you know who may want it) But I sold the Saab on taladrod<dot>com for a price I wanted. Posting is free and you get to see a median price of the secondhand market locally. Only problem for the non-Thai is, it is in Thai.
The one2car<dot>com website is populated with dealers so the prices you see are inflated..
You will have to be patient, though.

Secondhand dealers (known as 'tent' to the Thais) seriously undervalue the true worth of the car. And yes, dealerships will only take your old car in exchange if you're going to buy a new one from them. They usually have a secondhand dealer come in and value it beforehand, basically what model and year. I know this as my sister-in-law works in a dealership as a salesperson..
วินเชนท์
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

VincentD wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:03 am dealerships will only take your old car in exchange if you're going to buy a new one from them. They usually have a secondhand dealer come in and value it beforehand, basically what model and year. I know this as my sister-in-law works in a dealership as a salesperson..
Not at Ford Hua Hin.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18