Road Chaos Around Market Village Today?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Road Chaos Around Market Village Today?

Post by Big Boy »

They are re-surfacing the road outside Market Village today. It took me 15 minutes to get from Soi 94 onto Petchkasem. When they get to the Market Village entrance/exit it could get interesting.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Road Chaos Around Market Village Today?

Post by europtimiste »

We are retired, we have time, what are 15 minutes ?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

It's not the time, it's the aggravation of dealing with Thailand on a daily basis. Why do they resurface the road at the height of the tourist season during the end of the year holidays? More stupidity.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

europtimiste wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:48 am We are retired, we have time, what are 15 minutes ?
No problem to me, although I'd have avoided it if I'd known. However, not everybody is retired, and it might be useful information to some. If going to Market Village, maybe take the rear entrance/exit.

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

A tip: Don't go to Phetkasem but follow the road by the canal from Soi 88 if you're in a car. On bike follow the canal road to MV from Soi 94. No need to get down to the chaos on Phetkasem Rd.
YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Do you mean follow the road by the railway track? The canal road will see you having to use Petchkasem.

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: RE: Re: Road Chaos Around Market Village Today?

Post by huahin4ever »

Big Boy wrote:Do you mean follow the road by the railway track? The canal road will see you having to use Petchkasem.
Hard to explain but you're right it is more correct to say the one way road next to the train tracks. One way for cars going from Soi 88 to 94, but you can go both ways with bikes.
YNWA
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Noticed that this morning on the way out of town going south (no problems going that way).
Have just returned past MV and the roadworks weren't there so either they're finished "forever" or just for the night.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Not long arrived in Hua Hin from Bkk and it was toe to tail traffic heading north along Petch Road, but only as it was down to one lane, only noticed by Bkk hospital south, so I guess it must end around that way sometime - this must have been about 10.15.
Talk is cheap
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

End of year Tessabahn budget money, if they don't use it they can't claim it again next year.

Happens every year around this time, if they asked for money to do xyz, then only do xy, they can't claim z next year as they never completed on the deal the year before.

Leave the coffers empty and you can fill them again, leave a surplus and you are over budgeting and will be suffer the penalty next year.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just driven to Soi 88 from Pranburi. This stretch of road from the flyover until Soi 88 is a nightmare.

When they 'improved' the road through Hua Hin there were many accidents because everybody had their own idea of where they should drive on the vast expanse of black tarmac. Eventually, when the put paint down, it was awful, but at least the paint indicated where you should veer right or left.

Now, at one of the busiest times of the year, the road markings have been covered. It's worse. There are locals like me who know where to veer right and left, but we have many strangers passing through town who are making it up as they go along - they will be wondering what local drivers are doing. I saw one guy who had gone the wrong side of a set of cones, only the find his way blocked after the u-turn, and was trying to reverse back up the outside lane of Petchkasem.

There were serious accidents on that road before, when there was no paint, and it's going to happen again.

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Why worry, take a different route.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I normally do, even when the paint is down, but sometimes Petchkasem is the logical route to take.

Points 41; Position 18