Renewing car registration in Prachuap Khiri Khan city

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Hnlwayne
Rookie
Rookie

Renewing car registration in Prachuap Khiri Khan city

Post by Hnlwayne »

I registered my new vehicle in prachuap khiri Khan city last year and I am coming up for renewal. Can anyone tell me what I need to prepare and if I need anything extra as a foreigner. The original registration was a bit of a nightmare and I am hoping to avoid a repeat. Thanks in advance.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Renewing car. registration in Prachuap Khiri Khan city

Post by RCer »

I registered my bike there. But, they said I could renew in Pranburi. Might be worth a ride to Pranburi with paperwork in hand and ask.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Renewing car. registration in Prachuap Khiri Khan city

Post by HHTel »

I'm assuming you mean tax and insurance. It can be done at KC garage under the flyover. Just need your blue book or green book in the case of a bike. Pay the money and they will do the rest. Ready to be picked up in a few days. Been using them for years.
Hnlwayne
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Renewing car registration in Prachuap Khiri Khan city

Post by Hnlwayne »

I have renewed my insurance already. Thanks for the advice.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I think the government insurance is separate to private insurance and has to be paid anyway. It's pennies.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I’m pretty sure most yellow government testing stations offer this service. The one on the Pala u Rd, Nr La Vallie does.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

You can pay the compulsory insurance at the testing stations, but not the road tax renewal. Road tax is payable at any DLT office in the country. I have on old Isuzu that is registered in Phranburi, and I always renew it in Bangkok, and one year in Phrae province.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

KC is a testing station and they will do both. Don't forget the insurance is included in the tax and is not paid separately.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Just go back to who you did your insurance with give them your blue book 650 Baht I believe and it is done in a few days. You do not need to go yourself, it just isn't worth the hassle. Next time insurance and registration from your broker at the same time
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

HHTel wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:28 pm KC is a testing station and they will do both. Don't forget the insurance is included in the tax and is not paid separately.
No it's not. You can pay the compulsory tax with whichever insurance company that you use for comprehensive insurance. You then need to take a "copy" of the policy to present to the DLT for the road tax. The date does not have to coincide with road tax, just has to be current when you pay the road tax.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I stand corrected. I've been using KC for so long I forgot the details. If you go there to renew tax and you don't show a valid insurance policy, then they automatically charge you for the government insurance which is a fixed fee.
When paying the tax on the several motorbikes I have, insurance has never been mentioned and it's taken automatically which is why I thought it was included in the tax.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The other factor with letting the testing station sell you the compulsory insurance is that you have no choice of which company the policy is with. Never been a problem as I have not had a claim, but it could be.

Don't know about motorbikes.
Tonyandson
Novice
Novice

Post by Tonyandson »

Just need a photo copy of your blue book (car document ), do the compulsory insurance (basic insurance) 645 THB for your saloon car or 967 THB for your pick up at insurance agency . You can not do road tax without compulsory insurance. The road tax will pay depend on consumption of your car engine.
In case your car more than 7 year, you need to take the car to do MOT certificate before you do road tax.
Insurance agency can do for you and that will take service charge about 200 THB.
Tonyandson
Novice
Novice

Post by Tonyandson »

For motobike, need a photo copy compulsory of your green book(bike document). Compulsory cost about 335 THB. Road tax is 101 THB in every bike. If your bike more than 4 year, need MOT certificate to combine to do road tax.
Insurance agency can do for you and that will take service charge about 100-200 THB.
Ericg
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Ericg »

Where exactly is KC garage coming from Tamarind Market