Hua Hin Golf Gossip

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Anyone played at Tanarat in Pranburi recently? Whats the green fee, is it any good, can anyone rock up and play, and do you have to take a caddy????
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Moles
Rookie
Rookie

tanarat

Post by Moles »

played there last sunday,course in pretty poor condition(shame because its nice).
green fee 800 at weekends
600 weekdays
caddie 250 not sure if you have to have one

moles
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

yes you do have to take a caddy
if you join the green fee including caddy is 270 b
tip 200 and a few bags of balls 150 for 24 last time ball sellers sneak on to the course look out for them 144 last round maybe require some lessons lost 12 balls too
ah well its cheap golf :cheers:
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Cost of a lesson would soon pay for itself in saved balls! John who runs the driving range at Mongkol is a very experienced PGA pro (also a winner on the Asian tour). My dad is coming on well and in my eyes was a hopeless case, he needs very simple ideas and that is exactly what John gives him.

Good stuff!!!
buksida

Post by buksida »

:agree: I only lost 16 balls last time which is an improvement on over 20 the previous round ... it was only 9 holes though. :mrgreen:

More on golf lessons and options can be read here:
http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin- ... uition.htm
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
golfhelp
Rookie
Rookie

New season and a few events.

Post by golfhelp »

A new season is about to descend with the courses getting busy and supposedly getting into their best condition. Apparently not so! Lakeview reportedly with heavy rough and soggy fairways (Ok we have had a fair amount of rain) and Springfield once again deciding to create bunkers on the fairways--hope the rain washes that away soon. Prices at Black mountain until the end of this month are low, Palm Hills is in good condition, I wish they would offer packages to entice the resident as its so convenient and could even get a club atmosphere going there. Royal is in good condition and the best time of year to play there, Milford---where? Unfortunately in poor shape. Banyan is getting very good reports although some moaning about the compulsory cart--which I don't like either as carts are such ante social things and only one to a cart is even worse, and the caddy driving the carts is enough to put you off your game.

Mongkol Driving range is about to offer Thursday mornings 'TIP' morning. starting on the 20th Nov Put this in your dairy as this could well lead to a social event of note (there are not so many of those). For 400 baht starting at 9 am till noon free range balls, free SOFT drinks or coffee, and John the pro to oversee your swing and help you along---I think this could well take off. :P

Also at the Mongkol range there is an exhibition of Titlist and Cobra clubs including the latest 2009 models this coming Tuesday 11th Nov and later in the month with a BARBEQUE for free a Callaway demo. More on that later.

Don't forget that Dolphin Bay on Sundays is attracting the notice of the beginners and kids around town.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Reference caddys' driving at Banyan.

I witnessed yesterday a cart turn over exiting the front entrance to the course and up the narrow pathway beside the pro shop. It went over the raised verge and down maybe a metre onto its side with golfer and caddy inside - although the latter exited first.

Perhaps compulsory caddy drivers is not such a good idea?
Stu-Pot

Post by Stu-Pot »

Banyan is getting very good reports although some moaning about the compulsory cart

Just to clarify this point. The carts @ Banyan are NOT compulsory. You CAN walk. Just tell them at the pro shop and it will be done. Carts are free, and available to share between 2 golfers if you wish. Choice is yours!
taffinexile

Banyan Golf

Post by taffinexile »

The greens are a bit slow at Banyan, and yes you can walk if you like. Being on holiday I'm all for being driven around, the course undulates far too much for walking in this heat.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

It should be the golfers choice to walk or to ride, as i am aware you pay for the cart regardless at Banyan - not a fan of this.

A huge part of the enjoyment of golf is the walk, the scenery (a huge plus at Banyan), wildlife and generally getting a feel for whats happening ie the breeze conditions under foot all play a part in how you manage your game and play the course.

Regardless i think Banyan is beautiful and gives a change in style from Lake View, Springfield etc. facilities are excellent and lets hope they give a decent deal for the low season and be successful with it as Black Mountain have been.
golfhelp
Rookie
Rookie

It should be the golfers choice to walk or to ride----

Post by golfhelp »

Couldn't agree more with this submit!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Stu-Pot - you cannot share a cart at Banyan with another golfer. You pay for it regardless but if you wish to walk you can. A guy I played with took this option and either my caddy or myself frequently pulled the trolley from our cart as the very new caddy was suffering from her very posh Foot Joy Banyan issue shoes - very JAI DEE
Stu-Pot

Post by Stu-Pot »

Guys,

Trust me!

I know that you CAN share a cart @ Banyan.

All you need to do is tell teh guys in the shop or the starters, and it is done. The staff will automatically provide 1 cart per golfer unless told otherwise.
As for the FJ, she will get used to them. Just lazy to walk!!!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

A friend and I, our wives and their two kids are thinking about trying a course out around the Ratchaburi/Kanchanaburi area.
I know Royal Ratchaburi, Dragon Hills and Sawang (OK, more Petchaburi) and some information would be useful.
We'd be thinking of staying overnight, so accommodation either at, or close to the course, would be good. Has anyone played these courses recently? What condition are they in? Are they likely to be busy mid-week? What are the green fees and caddie costs? And the accommodation? I'm just trying to get a feel for things.
Thanks. It's years since I played any of the above.
4over
Novice
Novice

Golf at Banyon

Post by 4over »

Does anyone know if there is a twilight rate at the new Banyon course?