Golf Recommedations

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Larb Muu
Novice
Novice

Golf Recommedations

Post by Larb Muu »

I'm heading to HH shortly, can anyone recommend a good golf course around the HH area without the Phuket prices.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I suggest you look up 'Golf Gossip' in this thread before asking us to repeat ourselves again!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I'm heading to HH shortly, can anyone recommend a good golf course around the HH area without the Phuket prices.
Other than the military course in Pranburi, I think you'll find the prices here as high, if not higher than Phuket... :cry:
valrhona

Post by valrhona »

Played Black Mountain for 2000Baht a couple of weeks ago.

In Phuket, Loch Palm is 3500Baht, Red Mountain and Blue Canyon are around 5000baht. Phuket Country Club also 3500 baht. Laguna golf club 3800Baht, Mission Hills is also 3800baht. All those without caddy fees. You can get 20-30% discount tickets if you look around.

The only course in that range in HH is The Banyan at 3500 Baht and they include caddy fees and a buggy for the price. So the prices in HH are still almost 50% of what they are in Phuket... Obviously, the further away you are from Hua Hin, the better prices will get particularly on weekends. Ratchaburi is a good deal and a nice course.
Larb Muu
Novice
Novice

Post by Larb Muu »

Thanks for the great feedback.

Played Phuket Country Club, Loch Palm and Mission Hills and Mission Hills is my preferred out of the three but it is more expensice than the other 2. I'll certainly try BLack Mountain when I arrive in HH.

I might try the course in Phang Nga on the way up from Phuket as I hear that is pretty good and well priced.

Thanks again.
valrhona

Post by valrhona »

Wow really? I'm surprised...I was out at an expat event a couple of weeks ago in Mission Hills and the MC's comment at the end were: The course today was in absolutely fantastic shape apart from the greens, the fairways and the bunkers and the tee box weren't that great...

I didn't really enjoy the course and thought the sandy bits coming into the course weren't very nice although being by the ocean adds more interesting viewpoints. I like the Loch Palm layout, lots of interesting holes with risk and rewards.
The Dude
Amateur
Amateur

Post by The Dude »

Everyday after 2:00pm Springfield Golf Course cost 1200 plus caddie fee. After 1:00pm the course is usually dead.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

That's actually not too bad... any other courses offer afternoon discounts?
The Dude
Amateur
Amateur

Post by The Dude »

I don't know, Maybe Black Mountain
The Dude
Amateur
Amateur

Post by The Dude »

No twi-light special at Black Mountain, 2800 bt with caddie.
valrhona

Post by valrhona »

Funny I paid 2000 just a couple of weeks ago without caddie fee... Cranking up the price as we get slower to the tournament?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Don't go to Dragon Hills, played it today: shocking condition, greens like the face of the mars, fairways harder than my bathroom floor, horrible mountain views, noisy wildlife, overcrowded, useless caddies, hideously expensive at 560 baht for eighteen holes of hell ...

:thumb:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Hey golf fans,
Don't believe Buksida. I reckon he's got sunstroke!!! Was with him at Dragon Hills today and it was brilliant!!!!
A tremendous course about 1.5 hours drive from HH. In excellent condition. The greens are as fast as lightening. You certainly don't want a downhill putt of any distance. The fairways give good lies, the rough is short and there were hardly any other players there today.
And in "high season" the green fee was 560 Baht. 200 for the caddie and tip up to you.
It was the first time my three compadres had played a "proper" course. They were used to military and municipal ones before. Hopefully they had a good time!!!
I don't play much any more, but still walked off with 2 birdies, 3 pars, 5 bogies - and forget the rest!!
A brilliant day out, but don't have a downhill putt :thumb: Frightening!!!
Don't believe Buksida.
flyfifer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by flyfifer »

Hey Buksi
You sound like a proper golfer now
buksida

Post by buksida »

flyfifer wrote:Hey Buksi
You sound like a proper golfer now
Wish I could play like one! :oops:

Lomu, its called sarcasm! There are plenty of excellent golf courses that are very cheap, no surprise that they're not in Hua Hin is it?!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson