Hua Hin hackers golfing day out

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi Sandman

Meet at my place around 9.45 ok.
Then a big mug of freshly brewed coffee or tea or whatever and we can then take the nice scenic route by driving the coast road down past Kao Kalok to Dolphin Bay.

Anyone else who would like to leave their car half-way at our place and join our taxi is also very welcome.

Do you know wehere our place is, by the way?
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Barry

will do mate - can find it from your site and map

see you about 9.30 for a brew

D

:cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Damn, I can't believe I'm missing this but I'll certainly be there the next time round. Was at the range again today and saw John Wither there so had a word with him. I think I'll keep whacking a few balls yet and then take a few lessons towards to end of March. Either that or I'll work on getting a set of clubs and then start with the lessons - I think that's what John also suggested.

Getting bloody sick of my ancient 6 iron, and the more I try to hit the ball properly, the worse my shots are...lol.

Anyway..........hope you guys have a great day out and I'll see you all soon.

Now, seeing that I've just turned 45 today, it's time for the Sangsom :mrgreen:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
buksida

Post by buksida »

Why are you missing it?

They have bats for rent at DB - you can get round the entire course with a 7 iron and a putter anyway. I tried it a couple of months ago and scored exactly the same as I do with a full set. :shock:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Would love to make it to should be a whole lotta fun! If i dont have clients will be there!
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Takiap

mate come along - if you are worried at being bad at golf then you really havent seen me play - imagine Happy Gilmore crossed with Keith Floyd. Between doing hilarious pirhouettes when driving off, hitting every patch of water sand and rough no matter how small, and a short game that Stevie wonder could best I do a side act of occasionally driving golf carts into trees and ditches while lighting fags.

come along...it will be a good laugh

:cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Hua Hin Hackers golf day out

Post by Arcadian »

So Takiap, we now have you hooked, you do ok at the golf range where our canon fodder, you call them range balls, suck you in to a false sense of security. You then spend a fortune on clubs, bag, shoes, oh and don`t forget your glove, then it`s off to a real course. Then we elite regiments, Teitlist, Nike and Dunlop take over. There we are on the first tee eyeballing each other, not so easy now is it with all your mates looking on. We balls have the ability, by though transmission, to appear to move even in the middle of your swing. Some of us like to play in the sand others fancy an occasional swim or a walk in the trees never to be seen again, until of course a pretty Thai girl appears out of nowhere to sell us back to you. Our greatest fun of all though is when you take an almighty swipe, look into the distance to follow the trajectory only to see us still sitting there with a smirk on our faces. See you soon, have fun.
C.Allaway
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Bumped into an English chap in town earlier. He may join us on Saturday. He's got a map and meeting time (10-11am).
He's planning on getting there by motorbike with his clubs.
I don't know if anyone might be able to help with other transport? He's staying in HH, around Market Village.
I'm playing tomorrow, so won't pick up any posts until evening time then.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Iomuamart wrote

"Bumped into an English chap in town earlier. He may join us on Saturday. He's got a map and meeting time (10-11am).
He's planning on getting there by motorbike with his clubs.
I don't know if anyone might be able to help with other transport? He's staying in HH, around Market Village."

Maybe he could meet up with sandman67 and come to my place with him. We could look after him from there.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

OK, I'll pass that on if I see him. Thanks.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well, it seems I may be there after all but don't hold me to it. Quite a bit going on at the moment and with the wife at work and two kids at home, I may not be able to get away. It does look good though as her Dad has said he'll babysit.

Just remember though, I've never set foot on a course before :shock:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
buksida

Post by buksida »

Look forward to seeing everyone out there on the course today - should be a blast.

Thought I'll probably busted by the tourist police for 'arranging a golf tour'. :roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well, as the saying goes.....if something can go wrong it will, so sorry I never made it today. Come on guys, let's hear how your day was. Any hole in ones or birdies?????

Hope you all had a great time.

:thumb:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Takiap wrote: Any hole in ones or birdies?????
Bloody hell Takiap, they're only going for a game of golf!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Our numbers dwindled away during Thursday and Friday until we were were left with four players - myself, buski, Mrs busksi and barrys.
It was a good day full of errors, cursing and swearing. A strong wind and temperatures in the high hundreds didn't help.
We played around twice but weren't in a competitive situation except against the course. Mrs buksi had an off day but was still claiming a gross two under in the afternoon, buksi has vowed to give the game up, I had my moments - some good and some downright atrocious - but the dark horse was barrys. He swore blind that he'd only only played twice in the last six months and that was evident in the morning. In the afternoon, however, he did really well and will definitely have his handicap cut to scratch next time.
As always, the course was dry and not easy to play but we all had a good time.
Hopefully, all you no shows will make an effort next time we play and you'll turn up. It's a good laugh, not serious and the state of my head this morning bears testament to the copious amounts of beer that was drunk :cheers: