Hua Hin Golf Festival 2013

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Hua Hin Golf Festival 2013

Post by JimmyGreaves »

valrhona wrote:The 5 year membership is only 40K Baht and annual fee 10K then it's 350Baht per rounds...
I heard that the 40K is going up slightly.

Think you missed out the caddie fee from my question Valrhona, I eventually tracked it down from the site:

So to play as a member it's about 1000baht+ plus a round, If you have the money to play 3 or 4 times a week not so bad, if not then........

350 Green fee, 300 Caddie fee, 300 Caddie tip and 100 baht drinks.

The prices came under the Promotion price list - 1/05/2013 - 31/05/2013 so not 100% sure if these are all year round!

http://www.majesticcreekcc.com/green-fees-booking
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

JimmyGreaves wrote:.......350 Green fee, 300 Caddie fee, 300 Caddie tip and 100 baht drinks......
I would really be curious if anyone besides farangs gave a 300 baht tip? I'm sure Thai's don't do it and I doubt other Asian tourists do it. I don't begrudge a good caddie a good tip, but 100% of the fee? To each his own but she would have to be very good to earn and deserve that IMO, for 3 hours with cart and about 4 without given no traffic jams. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

prcscct wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:.......350 Green fee, 300 Caddie fee, 300 Caddie tip and 100 baht drinks......
I would really be curious if anyone besides farangs gave a 300 baht tip? I'm sure Thai's don't do it and I doubt other Asian tourists do it. I don't begrudge a good caddie a good tip, but 100% of the fee? To each his own but she would have to be very good to earn and deserve that IMO, for 3 hours with cart and about 4 without given no traffic jams. Pete :cheers:
Pete

Did you read the website link?

FYI

'Etiquette: A caddie who has given good service over 18 holes would normally expect to receive a tip in the region of 300 baht. Additional tipping for exceptional performance is at the discretion of the player.'
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

Found this from last year: http://www.huahingolffestival.com/
[/quote]

I will update the site when the info is received.[/quote]

The Hua Hin Golf Festival has been confirmed and the above website has been updated.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
prcscct wrote:
Pete

Did you read the website link?

FYI

'Etiquette: A caddie who has given good service over 18 holes would normally expect to receive a tip in the region of 300 baht. Additional tipping for exceptional performance is at the discretion of the player.'
There's a sign at the starters kiosk at springfield that states that 250 bht is the acceptable tip for caddies,i think most people tip the caddie fee of 300bht.
I walk and find most of the caddies do a good job.
I have met a few caddies who caddie early,then go home and work on their farm until late...i think they deserve the 300bht tip.
Marvo
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Marvo »

Huahinian wrote:
Found this from last year: http://www.huahingolffestival.com

I will update the site when the info is received.

The Hua Hin Golf Festival has been confirmed and the above website has been updated.
So, looks like "adios" finally to the 800 baht Hua Hin/Cha-Am golf festival.
Was beginning to wonder how long they could keep it pegged at 800.

Mind you, to Ropes who thinks that Majestic are trying to fleece him by charging 1,650....
Caddie: 300 baht + buggy 550 baht + Green Fee 800 baht = 1,650 baht

What are Majestic supposed to do? Would Ropes prefer that Majestic didn't offer such a crazy price for April and May?
Just because you're not paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you!
Swanboy
Novice
Novice

Protocol in accessing 2013 Golf festival pricing

Post by Swanboy »

Hi all,

I recently received the link to the 2013 Hua Hin Golf Festival and I and a group of 7 other men will be travelling to Hua Hin in September to play the courses advertised. Will there be a need to book through a specific promotional site or can we make our own way to the respective courses and play at the advertised rates.

Thanks in anticipation

Trekkertony
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Protocol in accessing 2013 Golf festival pricing

Post by sateeb »

No special protocol for booking during the Festival...Either book a tee time as usual or just turn up.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

If you know where you want to play, it only makes since to book your tee times directly with each course in advance. That way you know where you are playing each day and at what time. Other wise, you are gambling that you will even get a Tee Time or have to wait hours before teeing off. WIth Two 4 Balls, I would not advise just "showing up" and expecting to play. Not unless you plan to Tee Off at Noon every day. Booking in advance will also give you the freedom to set up a van to take all of you back and forth each day. When you book just let the course know you are coming for the "Hua Hin Golf Festival" so they are sure to give you the rates. Have a great time while in Hua Hin! Happy Golfing!
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
Majestic Creek

Post by Majestic Creek »

Majestic rates for the Hua Hin golf Festival during August and September will be: green fee 999 bht, caddie fee 300 bht and golf cart fee 700 bht for either 1 or 2 golfers.
Each participating course will hold one Golf Festival competition during the two months and ours will be on Sunday 25th August. The cost will be 1600 bht for the total package of green fee, caddie fee and evening presentation dinner.
This will be in addition to our normal weekly competition for members, guests and visitors, held every thursday.
There is a 200 bht fee to enter the weekly competition which is held every thursday, and all the proceeds go back to the winners as prize money. Also, we have sponsors for longest drive and 4 nearest the pins, which are all available to every entrant, member or visitor.
Visit the Majestic web site on www.majesticcreekcc.com and look at the members section for details of our weekly competitions.
3wood

Post by 3wood »

You can play Kaeng Krachan for 600B. on thur. and fri. ( sport days ) even during festival, this is easily the best value golf in hua hin and surrounding area. And the C course is in mint condition.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

3wood wrote:You can play Kaeng Krachan for 600B. on thur. and fri. ( sport days ) even during festival, this is easily the best value golf in hua hin and surrounding area. And the C course is in mint condition.

I thought Sports Days were Tuesday and Thursday ?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I think Jimmy Greaves got confirmation that it was Tuesdays and Fridays.
Fridays are definite because I was there last week.
3wood

Post by 3wood »

Hello

Thinking about organising friendly game at Black Mountain GC , Hua Hin early Aug,
Green fee will be 1300B. + caddy :o , anyone interested please get in touch

https://www.facebook.com/huahingolfcommunity

sorry , meant to post this on HHGC , posted it twice, don't know how to delete
buksida

Post by buksida »

Bump, starts today!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson