Hua Hin Golf Community

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
3wood

Black Mountain Invitational 8 Aug

Post by 3wood »

Fantastic Day of Golf, 44 joined the event , thank you all , and the rain stayed away

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 288&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/huahingolfcommunity
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Black Mountain Invitational 8 Aug

Post by JW »

The day was great success, fun tournment which keep everyone involved, course as usual in great shape, fairways a little wet... but hey its been raining lots there, good decision to pay winter rules as loads of mud balls for everyone.
The best part for me was that every person who played stayed for the prizes, teh atmosphere was very alive, lots of laughs everywhere! Bg thanks to the guys who organised the day, card checkers and compere! Brilliant day and I cant wait for teh next one :).
Must have been some good karma out there because it looked like we were going to get absolutely drenched for a good hr or so... golfing gods keep its away.
Thanks again to 3wood and the reat of the guys who made it happen. :)
lomuamart

Re: Hua Hin Golf Community

Post by lomuamart »

Ditto the above.
Thanks for organising a great day, 3 wood. It was good to get out on Black Mountain again.
Awu

Post by Awu »

Hi guys.
I´m new on this nice forum and have been living in HH for some time now, but I have not played any golf since september last year.
I had problem with my elbows (tennis arm) but now it feels ok and I am cruelly eager to start playing again.
My hcp is 17.1 but after not one shot for so long tim I will be happy if I go under 100.
is there anyone here who would be willing to drag along a guy at this level?
It's ok to laugh if I hit an air swing :D

BTW I´m from Sweden, 48 Years.
3wood

Post by 3wood »

Hi Awu,
Are you a member of any local course?

there are roll ups at many courses you may be able to play with
3wood

Post by 3wood »

Club House at Grand Prix Golf Club now finished and looking fantastic

Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Played Kaeng Krachan last Friday.
One of their sports days. 600 baht green fee and 300 baht caddy fee.
Although extremely wet the course was in very good condition and excellent value at 900 baht.
I forgot to ask whether the sports day is a year round offering. Does anybody know if this is the case or does anybody have a phone number for KK as the two I have neither of them work. Thanks
3wood

Post by 3wood »

New Majestic Creek Club House Now Open In Nebkayhard

Pics - https://www.facebook.com/huahingolfcommunity
Woosie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Woosie »

The in town Majestic Clubhouse looks nice. But I hear that the A course is in poor condition now. What's going on with the maintenance there?
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Looks like Majestic have their priorities wrong. The most important aspect of a golf course is the quality of your greens. Unfortunately they just dont understand how much money it costs to hire the right standard of greenkeeper and maintain the course on a monthly basis. It is a real shame because it is a beautiful course. I guess the owner just doesnt understand the golf business.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Ropes wrote:Played Kaeng Krachan last Friday.
One of their sports days. 600 baht green fee and 300 baht caddy fee.
Although extremely wet the course was in very good condition and excellent value at 900 baht.
I forgot to ask whether the sports day is a year round offering. Does anybody know if this is the case or does anybody have a phone number for KK as the two I have neither of them work. Thanks
This is a number in my contact list, but has been there 2 years ! 0814432788 hope it helps.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
3wood

Post by 3wood »

heartofmidlothian wrote:Looks like Majestic have their priorities wrong. The most important aspect of a golf course is the quality of your greens. Unfortunately they just dont understand how much money it costs to hire the right standard of greenkeeper and maintain the course on a monthly basis. It is a real shame because it is a beautiful course. I guess the owner just doesnt understand the golf business.
Have to agree, as a golf lover what matters to me is the condition of the course , green fee and a decent locker room
Woosie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Woosie »

Agreed. Majestic has one of the best, if not the best, layouts in the area. No holes run side by side, each hole is independent of others, the routing is excellent. Any available funds should be put into the course as that is what golfers care about. Not an in town clubhouse no matter how nice it is. I really hope the condition improves as it's a pleasure to play when in good shape.
3wood

Post by 3wood »

Very lucky to have been invited to play Ayodhya Links GC in two weeks,

Looking forward to it, hope my game will be up it

http://www.top100golfcourses.co.uk/html ... sp?id=2674
moose 961

Post by moose 961 »

l know it's a ride but only 3 days left in Sawangs 2000 baht 12 month membership. After joining 100 baht around hard not to join