Dogs on Royal Hua Hin Golf Course

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
beachyhead

Dogs on Royal Hua Hin Golf Course

Post by beachyhead »

If its just me being a grumpy old man then I apologize in advance. This morning after getting up at 5.30am to play golf before work at Royal Hua Hin and walking off the course at the 7th hole due to a pack of around 20 dogs following us around fighting and barking did not make me a happy bunny. We got to approach the 7th green and there were more dogs lying on the green I said to the caddie how do we play with so many dogs on the green to which there was just a shrug of the shoulders, then the pack following us decided to go to war with the dogs on the green and at that point I decided to walk off. I asked for our green fee back and was told we would have to see the manager (Thai) and he wouldn't be in for an hour so we went to the restaurant and waited. By the time he turned up I had calmed down and I explained nicely and calmly why I walked off and why I wanted my green fee back, he said that if I had booked into a hotel and when I got there I didn't like it that I wouldn't get my money back and that he will give us a rain check to play again. I pointed out that I wouldn't expect packs of dogs running loose in a hotel and I don't expect them on a golf course and that I would except his offer of a rain check if he could guarantee no dogs when I played next time and where were the dogs during the recent Singha Open held there as I don't think the pros would except packs of dogs on the greens, he just got up and said get your money back and walked away, not at all polite. I won't play there again which is a shame as I like Royal and have played there many times in the 8 years that I have lived here, yes there have been dogs on the course before but not of this number and the manager seemed to think it was my problem and not his. As I say maybe he's right and I am just a grumpy old man but I really do think that a golf course is not a place for dogs and that they should at least make an effort to get them off the course.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: Dogs on Royal Hua Hin Golf Course

Post by Gregjam »

Always liked Hua Hin course, never liked their attitude. Always used to be a problem with monkeys on some holes and not surprised that dogs are a problem early in the morning. I agree with you being annoyed but at the same time the reaction from the manager was predictable. Would not surprise me if something was done after you left but to be seen doing something because a farang said so particularly by a Thai manager.... If you were a pu yai then perhaps action would result but pu yai's don't play at stupid oclock in the morning. Perhaps despite justification you overreacted as you said you have been here a while. I am sure others will sit on both sides of the fence but ultimately we are spoilt for choice in regard to golf courses and Hua Hin purely due to it's location is not really worried if one golfer goes somewhere else.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I played there twice in the past couple of weeks. More like 10'ish in the morning and the dogs were there but were busy being lazy and caused no problems. Sounds like you ran into more of them and there were fresh from a good night sleep.

A monkey stole my playing partners golf ball. We used harsh language against them ever doing that again.

Bottom line is that the dogs don't care, the monkeys don't care, and any of the staff really don't care either.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hey, look on the bright........at least there weren't any people on the green selling their wares. :laugh:

I guess the bottom line is you'll just have to play elsewhere, although as someone has mentioned, don't be surprised if most of the dogs are gone by now. My guess is the manager may very well have taken your complaint to heart, but not willing to acknowledge that in front of you.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
beachyhead

Post by beachyhead »

Thank you for your replies I have to agree with your comments, I hope they sort it out because in good condition its a great course or play midday when its hot and all the dogs are flaked out. It was probably a combination of early start, bad caddie, rain, playing like crap and the dogs just rounded it off nicely !!
There is only two things wrong with a woman, her face !
PGS

Post by PGS »

I am not a fan of dogs ganging up in groups. I think I will avoid Royal Hua Hin this december.