Trying to identify old lady shopping trolley style golf bag

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Trying to identify old lady shopping trolley style golf bag

Post by Gregjam »

A few months back while hacking my way around Thanarat I met a couple of guys who we're using a golf bag that is best described as similar to an old lady's wheeled shopping trolley. It looked very practical with separate sections for each club preventing them rattling against each other whilst being easy to remove and replace. Plenty of storage and lightweight too. I have tried to identify this on the web without any success. Sorry, I did not ask the brand at the time but seem to remember that the bag originated either in Australia or New Zealand.

Does anyone know of this type of bag or a link to a source.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: Trying to identify old lady shopping trolley style golf

Post by Henry 14th »

Have a google on 'caddy rack'.

Not sure it's exactly what you are looking for but something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

That style was popular in the states about 25 years ago.... I currently use a bagboy revolver which has a great setup for club protection and ease of getting to your clubs... Possible option for you to consider....
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

A few months back while hacking my way around Thanarat I met a couple of guys who we're using a golf bag that is best described as similar to an old lady's wheeled shopping trolley.
The last time I played the game all golf bags looked like that but the old ladies pushing them were much younger!
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Had a quick troll through google and was not able to find even a photo of one. Definitely not a modern design and I suppose the average affluent image conscious golfer would not want to be seen pulling his granny's shopping cart around the course. Not much of an issue here as the caddy does all the carting around. I'll keep my eye out when on the course in case I see the gents again but only raised the question out of interest more than anything.