Beginner golfer

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Moorebomb
Rookie
Rookie

Beginner golfer

Post by Moorebomb »

Hello I just moved hua hin last month and decided I should try and pick up playing golf. Is there any shops in town that have second hand gear? Being that I'm just beginning I don't need nice stuf. Also any recommendation on what kind of clubs are suitable for a complete newbie like myself? Any information will be helpful.

Thanks,
-alan
hidinginhin
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Beginner golfer

Post by hidinginhin »

Look in AWOL magazine found in most bars. There is always someone flogging a set. Buy cavity backs with a regular flex shaft.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Get a good quality, well used set of clubs. Doesn't matter if clubs are a bit scruffy as long as they are good quality. Just make sure grips are in good shape. Too many people are tryingto sell 2nd hand clubs for way too much money and the truth is they should be very cheap. Have a look on E Bay if you want to get a good idea on prices and stick to Titleist, Callaway or Taylormade - they are all excellent clubs. Invest in 2 or 3 lessons to get the basics right from the start, which will give you a good jump start on a very difficult game. Then it just takes time to learn to hit the ball at the driving range. Do not forget to learn to hit a basic chip or pitch shot.
fach3003
Professional
Professional

Post by fach3003 »

Hi I bought a set of golfs last year from a friend going back to the UK
even though I already have my own clubs.... :|

so far I've used them once...maybe now is the time to sell them !
PM me if your interested. I will sell them for what I paid for them. :D
The only Geordie in sleepy Cha am since 2009 :cheers:
Moorebomb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Moorebomb »

Thanks fach3003, pm sent.
tonym114
Novice
Novice

Post by tonym114 »

@Moorebomb - Did you manage to buy any clubs?....Have you found somewhere reasonably priced to play?....
I have just bought some clubs and I am looking to play soon. I'm a low 20's handicapper. Let me know if you would like to play.

Thanks, Tony.
Moorebomb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Moorebomb »

@tonym114- Ya I got some clubs lined up, just got back to hua hin yesterday so haven't had a chance to check out courses yet. Probably will check out royal hua hin this week sometime given its close to my condo. I'll be in hua hin for the next 3.5 weeks go ahead and shoot me an email if you want to meet up.
alanmoore969@gmail.com
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Anyone got info on where to get reasonably priced lessons for a complete beginner?