9 hole course dolphin bay

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

9 hole course dolphin bay

Post by surferdave »

Does anybody know any details of the small 9 hole golf course near dolphin bay.
I caught a glimpse of it passing one day but it seemed to be in the grounds of some sort of institution, and i could visable see 1 person on the course only.
As i haven,t played for 15 yrs i was looking for somewhere to have a knock, coupled with hitting some range balls.
Thanks in anticipation.
lomuamart

Re: 9 hole course dolphin bay

Post by lomuamart »

Havn't played it for years but when last there it was free to go around (30 THB for a trolley). It's an OK length, decent layout but the condition is questionable to say the least.
However, if you just want to get back into the game and have a knockabout away from a range then it's fine.
The course is on Public Works land and visitors were welcome.
There isn't a range as such but people did use the first fairway for that purpose and there weren't balls for hire.
surferdave
Amateur
Amateur

Post by surferdave »

Ok thanks very much for the info and help.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I haven't played there in a few years either, but I used to play it a lot. Everything Lomu said is spot on.

Unless they've changed the layout, the scorecard below may help you get an idea of at least the length of the holes.
DolphinBay.jpg
Funny enough, I have that because I was playing there one day and wanted a card. The lady that ran the little concession at the start of the course searched around and gave me one on a piece of yellow cardboard saying "Only one". I realized that as the ones she had given me before were on normal thin printer paper that she was giving me the "master" copy. So after the round I recreated it on my home computer so that I could print out a few hundred copies to give her on subsequent visits. Maybe as I am no longer there, someone else can take up this task.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?