Golf Course Closures

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
LEfant60
Rookie
Rookie

Golf Course Closures

Post by LEfant60 »

During this time of mourning for the late King of Thailand (RIP), without sounding callous, will the Golf course's of Hua Hin be closed? I have read most sporting events have been cancelled, if so for how long? Should I cancel my trip? I have the utmost respect for the culture of Thailand and understand what they must be going through spiritually! To all the Thai people you have my deepest sympathy!
Big Boy

Re: Golf Course Closures

Post by Big Boy »

I've no news about golf specifically, but I would suggest waiting a day or 2 until making any decision e.g. earlier today it was announced all Thai football had been cancelled until next season. About 4 hours later it was announced no sporting events would be cancelled. Let the dust settle for a few days.

I would suggest looking again Tuesday or Wednesday.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Drgonzo
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Drgonzo »

Can anyone tell me if it acceptable to use the concrete path through the golf course as as running track. I ran there very early on Friday morning and nobody seemed bothered.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ then carry on.

You can pretty much do whatever you want until someone tells you that you can't and then you can disregard that as well.
Woosie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Woosie »

We are in the golf business and thus far all golf courses are operating as normal except at some there maybe restrictions on alcohol sales for a few days.
As far as running on a golf course. I would not recommend it. You are likely at some point to either bother the players or more importantly get hit by a golf ball. Most courses in Hua Hin such as Black Mountain, Banyan, Springfield, Palm Hills, Majestic and so on definitely won't allow it.
hhnewbie

Post by hhnewbie »

Drgonzo wrote:Can anyone tell me if it acceptable to use the concrete path through the golf course as as running track. I ran there very early on Friday morning and nobody seemed bothered.
The only course I have seen joggers is Palm Hills since it winds around the residential area of Palm Hills even though the management has posted rules forbidding jogging on the course. It is very dangerous to jog on the cart path as golf balls often get mis-hit and stray into weird places and those balls can travel at a high speed. The golfers usually don't like non-golfers hanging around the fairways anyways.
Drgonzo
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Drgonzo »

I will abstain from running the Royal Hua Hin course in future. I would not like getting the golfers balls in my face.
I was really after a back nine joke or something from Caddyshack but this will suffice.