Golf , Driving range , lessons

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Hecky
Novice
Novice

Golf , Driving range , lessons

Post by Hecky »

Hi all i am coming to south side of town 20th Nov i am looking for a few rounds golf but a priority i am after is a reasonable price Driving range with fair priced lessons .

I live near Subic Philippines & play social golf wen im not at sea but i need a Tune up couple lessons & few rounds if any groups are willing to give me a go .

Handicap is 18 give or take , i play with some local guys we have a fun group no pressure golf stableford usually .

Hope you gents can point me in the right direction .

Cheers
Bonbon
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Golf , Driving range , lessons

Post by Bonbon »

On the South side Sea Pines has a range.
40 Bhat a sleeve, always fairly quiet, It has an old Thai pro who speaks very little English.
But you cant fail to take on board what he is trying to say.
If it's only a range then Fort Tanarat balls are 20 Bhat a sleave
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

I resurface this thread.

As usual and true to my inate chatty nature, I'll work my self round the the point in a few sentences further down,

At work 27 years a go we were a bunch of guys mid - thirties something who decided to take up golf. We signed up for ctuition, i.e. lessons with ha structured approach and we enjoyed it a lot.
In the middle of the season I was asked by the comapny to take up a position in London, and being young and feeling valued I jumped at the opportuntiy
So, what did the guys do? As a go-away present from the local subsidiary I got a set of Golf clubs - what else?

In my work during all the years in Londond I travelled the world weekly and did not play golf as it would mean the entire Saturday or Sunday away from the family - my 1st one.

This year I got a particularly good deal to rent a villa in Banyan for a few days. Those of you who occasionally follow my rambles know that my Thai wife and I have property on the south west side of Bangkok and go to Hua Hin a lot as I like it there/here.
It's time for me to bring my Golf clubs to LOS and get some lessons. I have explained wife that I want to be more vigourous when staying in Thailand and we seem to go several times a year now.

We have our own car and I drowe door- to - door from home in BKK to Banyan, previously this has been much protested by my wife as we borrowed one of the cars from her extended family.
I have done some internet research with the golf courses in HH but I don't fine much about tuition.

Can any of you guys enlighten me on this?
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

John Wither, who teaches out of Banyan GC, is one the best around.
I'm sure that if you called the course, they'd give you his contact details.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

If you are moving here permanently and looking for a group to play with then I can probably help. If you are interested send me a private email.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

I can attest that John Wither is a good teacher, his number is 081 142 6216 I think it's 1500 for a lesson but not certain of that

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:39 am I can attest that John Wither is a good teacher, his number is 081 142 6216 I think it's 1500 for a lesson but not certain of that

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
I sent offf a request to Banyan Club and actually got an email response from John Wither in person. So I should be well set up :D
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.