Re: Hua Hin Driving Ranges

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin Driving Ranges

Post by JW »

There is a small driving range on the way to Sea Pines, drive south and take the right turn and the range is on the right side. Lake View, Banyan, Springfield all decent facilities to practice. I think you can practise at Black Mountain if your playing there. If you want a hand booking golf/transport, AGP do a good job. Anything else just ask :).
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin Driving Range

Post by Nereus »

I don't play golf, but isn't there a driving range on the Klong Road?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yes, Black Mountain allow you to use the range if you're playing. I did so last Friday.
Sea Pines have a range. As you turn left off Petchkasem it's on the right before you get to the T junction at the beach. Can't remember whether it's before or after the railway line. I've heard that the balls there aren't too good but haven't experienced it myself for a long time.
Royal HH have a range. Again I haven't used it for quite a while so can't vouch for the standard of the balls.
There's Tavimook range which is north of the town centre about 500 meters past HH hospital on the same side of the road. It opens at 10 am. A grade balls at 50 THB a tray are generally fine.
But as JW says, try out Springfield, Lake View or Banyan. You're hitting off grass at all three and can also give your chipping and putting a brush up.
Edit Nereus, I think you're thinking about Pae Mai. If so, that closed over a year ago to make way for more market facilities.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Edit Nereus, I think you're thinking about Pae Mai. If so, that closed over a year ago to make way for more market facilities.
Ok, thanks Lomo. I noticed the new markets, just what is needed! But the structure of the driving range is still there I believe. :?
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Nereus wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:22 amBut the structure of the driving range is still there I believe. :?
I saw that being used as a market the other week.
Talk is cheap
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

caller wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:14 pm
Nereus wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:22 amBut the structure of the driving range is still there I believe. :?
I saw that being used as a market the other week.
Yes, I had a closer look today. The steel posts are still there, looks like just the netting has been removed.
PGS

Post by PGS »

If youre staying in town, the most convenient place to go is the range at Royal Hua Hin. Ok facilities.
Liggo69
Novice
Novice

Post by Liggo69 »

Ok
So far I have the range at Royal Hua Hin and a few mention a range down towards the Seapines Golf Course. Does anyone know if this driving range open ?
Driving down Phet Kasem from Hilton Hua Hin then turn left before a petrol station I think it also says its the entrance to the army sporting grounds and then driving range is on RHS before you cross railway line?
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

looking for current update on driving ranges that are open/operational OTHER THAN Royal Hua Hin
and excluding golf clubs eg Springfield, Lake View, Palm Hills
i mean hitting off green mats like at Royal
any others?
TIA
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Don't think there are any others.
PGS

Post by PGS »

What about Tawimok, north of town, is that one closed to?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

PGS wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:15 pm What about Tawimok, north of town, is that one closed to?
About 2 years ago.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
jungle

Golf driving range

Post by jungle »

Is there a driving range around the Hua Hin airport area ?
buksida

Post by buksida »

This thread is a little dated so whats the latest on driving ranges in Hua Hin, are there any left or are they all attached to the golf courses now?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson