SPOT THE SPACE STATION

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

SPOT THE SPACE STATION

Post by Terry »

Not sure but I think someone had a thread on this long ago - if so, apologies

Anyway - saw it last night and for those interested, you can get another performance tonight - provided we have clear skies - as follows

Time: Tue Feb 05 6:36 PM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 60 degrees, Appears: SSW, Disappears: NE :shock:

Should get a great view from our restaurant! :cheers: :cheers:

This data is for Bangkok from the NASA website :thumb:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Re: SPOT THE SPACE STATION

Post by Terry »

Coming around again - tonight

Time: Fri Apr 05 7:16 PM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 79 degrees, Appears: SSW, Disappears: NE

Take a look...................... :cheers:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I saw it a couple of months ago...At first thought it was an aircraft but the absence of navigation lights intrigued me so I dug around the internet and discovered it was the ISS.

You can track it here on this website...

http://iss.astroviewer.net/
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

:thumb: for this one. Have a beer evening planned and if clear I'll get the daughter out to take a look. The directions are perfect viewing from my drinking table! :shock: :laugh: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Yep - always makes a great sight - I always think of the poor buggers in it........... :cheers:

Staying up in Bangkok this weekend and unfortunately the view is not so good from my apartment.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Maybe this thread should be in "WOW Science"...

What an experience we just had, the whole family. As I predicted, it parted my hair directly over my patio table and we had a completely clear view. I was concerned as all afternoon we had a milky high cloud cover, but at dusk it disappeared and the sky was pristine. If I had one of those personal telescope cameras the shots would have been the tops. That was really something to remember, especially for my little girl who is now at the other computer looking at pics of the ISS. At 7, this is a real light bulb moment for her concerning space. :D :D :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Last night viewing was the best I have seen it. Nice clear, dark skies, it was very bright and obvious.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

For those interested, this website gives the times when the ISS will be visible from the Hua Hin area.

http://iss.astroviewer.net/observation.php
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Somchai Turdsak

Post by Somchai Turdsak »

Cool website.
clinton114

International Space Station pass visible over HH tonight 6PM

Post by clinton114 »

Tonight starting about 17:55, peak 18:00 and gone at 18:06, the ISS will pass nearly straight overhead (max altitude at 70 degrees @6:00PM), coming from the southwest traveling towards the northeast. See attaches pict. Assuming it doesn't cloud up in the next hour, it should appear as a bright star, sailing across the sky at about 17,000 MPH. See http://www.n2yo.com/ for live tracking.
Attachments
ISS pass1Thailand 07 Dec 2013.jpg
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

a web site for seeing the ISS is http: spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings
then type in Thailand and Bangkok is close enough to be within about 1 minute for Hua Hin and area.
Harvey
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.