Flights from the UK

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
pharvey

Flights from the UK

Post by pharvey »

I'm meeting up with a mate in HH this April who'll be traveling from the UK. As I've been based in China for a fair few years, I don't really have a good idea as to which is the better/more cost effective airline offering flights to Bangkok.

Can anyone offer some advice as to airlines or travel agents? Direct flight would be the preference (London - Bangkok). Thai Airways and BA offerring rtn flights in the region of 600 GBP.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I always fly with Emirates, I've just had a quick look and from London in April you can get flights at £526 at the moment from EMIRATES

That involves a 3 hour stopover in Dubai though.

:cheers:
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

Have a look at the consolidators like Netflights or ebookers , depends on the dates you want to travel, I put in a couple of April dates with Netflights at random and came up with flights with Jet Airways and Qatar at £445 and £475 respectively.

They have headline rates of sub £400, but I don't know when they are.

I certainly wouldn't be looking for flights on Thai, whilst they are direct they are expensive, and, in my opinion, the service is poor.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I'm not a big fan of Thai Airlines but I've booked a flight for the end of March for £579 with them, which I thought was a reasonable rate for a direct flight.
That was with ebooker and you have to play around with the dates a bit to find a direct flight for under £600, but it can be done.
I don't normally mind a stop on route, but now I have to contend with the British rail system at each end of the journey, I'm keen to save any time I can.
Gail

Post by Gail »

Expedia.co.uk usually give good flight deals, Ethiad and Qatar are very good airlines, flown with them both
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Thanks for the info guys - all in all, your looking at the 600 quid mark for a direct flight. Cheaper end with Jet and a stop in India, but some real horror stories in some of the reviews!! Found an Emerates flight at just over 500, so if he can be persuded for a non-direct flight, looks like that's the one to go for.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I've used Jet a couple of times out of desperation and the airline itself is actually quite good.
The big problem is the transit in Munbai which is predictably horrible, if you hit the wrong time of day you can be queing for over an hour for the security which is run by the Indian military who're obviously not used to any sense of urgency.
if you can't get a direct flight I would go for Emirates or Etihad.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Probably a bit late as I've been off-line. But this Co, caters for a lot of folk travelling to LOS from the UK. If you call, they even give you the option of communicating with a Thai speaker!

I travelled via Eva through them for 462gbp on 29 November.

http://www.westeasttravel.com/user/default.asp
Talk is cheap