Oman Airlines?

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
pharvey

Re: Oman Airlines?

Post by pharvey »

BaaBaa. wrote:It's worth remembering Frequent Flyers also get a better allowance. :wink:
Fair note BB - Previously with KLM I was on 30Kg purely due to my Frequent Flyer status. Unfortunately lost that after basing myself in Asia and flying more with the Asian (and far better) airlines.

Unfortunately, flying to various destinations from Asia not covered by a single airline (or group), I now have multiple Frequent Flyer cards..... each one fairly useless - just wish I could combine them all!!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Just called Oman and yes economy is 30KG baggage allowance. Told them the website says 20KG and they said the 30KG is a current promotion with no end date yet specified :D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote:Jimmy Greaves made some comment on their Customer Services. After booking over a week ago, I e-mailed customer Services with a couple of basic (important to me) questions. I'm still awaiting a response. I will hasten them later, and I'll report back on how fast they respond.
Another couple of weeks have passed, and still no reply :cuss: . I've written again today - this time I've hit a variety of e-mail addresses at Oman Air. Hopefully I'll get at least one answer this time. Knowing my luck, I'll get several answers this time, each with contradictory information.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

BB, what was your question to Oman air?,, send me a personal message and maybe I can get some info here in Oman, i can go to an Oman Air office and ask.

Nomad :mrgreen:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Green Nomad wrote:BB, what was your question to Oman air?,, send me a personal message and maybe I can get some info here in Oman, i can go to an Oman Air office and ask.

Thanks for the offer Green Nomad, but after waiting several weeks, they replied today, so there is no problem.

Points 41; Position 18
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Big Boy wrote:
Green Nomad wrote:BB, what was your question to Oman air?,, send me a personal message and maybe I can get some info here in Oman, i can go to an Oman Air office and ask.

Thanks for the offer Green Nomad, but after waiting several weeks, they replied today, so there is no problem.
Not surprised they got round to answering mail on Thursday - sweet FA else to do I expect! :naughty:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Anyone have any info on what's happening with Oman during these volcanic times.

Got a few mates hopefully flying out this Saturday 24th and can't seem to get through to them and no info on their website.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Hi JG,

All I know is that some of my colleagues here in Oman have been told they wont be flying to London until 22nd at the earliest, but that was before the lifting, today 20th, of some restrictions. As for flights to BKK from Muscat, operating as normal.
However, as Oman Air have a small fleet I wouldnt be surprised if they have aircraft stuck in LHR. :|
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Cheers Green Nomad
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I used them last Friday night, and don't have a bad word to say about them ie:

- Prompt

- Cheap

- Service on board (as with most Middle Airlines) left the direct carriers (BA, Qantas, Thai - never tried Eve) in the shade. Stewards/Hostesses couldn't do enough for for you.

- Food was surprisingly good (for airline food), and plentiful.

- I'm 6' 5" tall, and legroom was adequate.

- 50% extra on baggage allowance - just as well when we had 32Kg for daughter and grand children.

- Modern, clean aircraft.

For £378 each it was excellent.

Points 41; Position 18
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Hi BB,

Glad you did have a good flight with them, like I said before we have not had much of a problem, only increasing prices over the years.

We are off to Thailand this Thursday flying OmanAir, hope the weather is not too wet and that our house in HH hasnt been affected by the recent flooding.

Have a good stay in HH. 8) p.s Whats happening with Argyle?? :banghead:
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I paid £605 flying out in Dec booked in Aug with Oman. Just thought i'd chip in... 8)
www.35mmview.com
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Unfortunately flights over the Christmas/New Year period leap up along with the other airlines :cuss: My wife and I are planning on meeting up with friends from the UK over the festive season .... friends who are saying all flights are in the range 950-1200 GBP :cry:

With regards to Oman Airlines, is it ''dry'' or can you actually partake in a drop of the amber nectar?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Hi pharvey,

Yes, Oman Air is same as any normal airline, and Muscat airport where you may be transiting through also has a nice little bar and good gift/duty free shops, if a little small compared to the likes of Dubai or Bahrain.

Chok Dee, GN.
Francois
Professional
Professional

Post by Francois »

I used Oman Air several times, including last time wife, daughter and 3 grand children, and never had to complain. Luggage weight allowance, a pitch of 86 cm between seat rows, friendly staff, good food (for an airline) and we paid last July 587 euros per passenger.

I will return to HH beginning January and I will try to fly Oman Air again.
François
And me, still the most self satisfied of men
I was almost as drunk as myself
(Jacques Brel)