Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Does the Pattaya bus stop at the airport first and go on from there?

Other than that, which way does it go and how long does it take?

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Re: Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Post by Thistle »

Henry;Same type of bus,departs 11,00am,no stops ...arrives Pattaya approx 5 hours later.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Thistle wrote:Agree 100 percent with Bristolian!The price has steadily been reduced over the last 24 months for an extremely good service,HH/Suvarnabhumi/HH,so now[FARANG] we are going to complain about the angle of the seat.Lets realise the different options here and cost,whats better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's for each person to decide. Giving them information helps.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

My findings are the same as BB... every HH-->Suvarnabhumi bus (and vica versa) I've been on have had reclining seats.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Same here
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Homer wrote:
Thistle wrote:Agree 100 percent with Bristolian!The price has steadily been reduced over the last 24 months for an extremely good service,HH/Suvarnabhumi/HH,so now[FARANG] we are going to complain about the angle of the seat.Lets realise the different options here and cost,whats better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's for each person to decide. Giving them information helps.
I must admit that I've had the same problem on some of the buses, the seats are stuck reclined. I've also suffered from back problems over the years and find an upright seat to be far more confortable. It's not a big problem for me, I'm using the bus again on the 28th but I can understand that if anyone had a worst back condition than mine, it could be an issue.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

does anyone know if there has been a price increase to go to the airport ?
went on their site and it was marked at 269 bahts, which seems a very big jump from the price they were charging before
also could not make online booking any idea how I can do this ? as I will be coming from abroad and wanted to secure my seat on my way back to cha am
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As far as I know, the price for this service has only gone down. It was 305 Baht when the service srarted, but gas reduced with the price of fuel.

Maybe you're getting confused with the Don Mueng bus, which is about 160 Baht (actually cheaper I think).
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

So so sorry my big mistake! ! got confused with another transport mode

But still can't book on line
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Can't help with that I'm afraid - never used it. However, there was talk on here a while back that they had re-vamped their website. Are you using the correct site?

[Edit] http://airporthuahinbus.com/
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

But still can't book on line...
Normally you can but I've just tried the website and it seems to be expeiencing problems at the moment, I'd give it another go later on.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

Their new website is horribly laid out but the booking part is at https://ticket.belltravelservice.com/customer/Webhome and seems to be working in as much as I can get through to the input passenger details part.

I used the bus last week and was very disappointed with the driver who seemed very keen on driving way too close to the vehicle in front which led to some very sharp braking. In the past I've found the drivers to be 'not totally life threatening' but that particular guy was like an ex-minivan driver. It would be a great shame if their drivers driving standards were to slip.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Frank Hovis wrote:Their new website is horribly laid out but the booking part is at https://ticket.belltravelservice.com/customer/Webhome and seems to be working in as much as I can get through to the input passenger details part.

I used the bus last week and was very disappointed with the driver who seemed very keen on driving way too close to the vehicle in front which led to some very sharp braking. In the past I've found the drivers to be 'not totally life threatening' but that particular guy was like an ex-minivan driver. It would be a great shame if their drivers driving standards were to slip.
I had the same experience one time but being in the front seat I could see he was on his phone and had just tucked in behind a lorry until his call was over (about 20 mins).

As for the website it takes a bit of getting used to but need to make sure you click on 'shared transfer'. I did that for Swampy to Hua Hin but went to the bus station for my outward from Hua Hin, that way you can book a seat number.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I just booked a seat over the internet at the website above and it's got much easier, it just took a couple of minutes with a lot less input than before, a definite improvement on the old site.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Is it possible to select the seat number? Last time I got the number 1 which I dont like because I cannot stretch my legs as at the other seats. But fortunately there was a free seat available and I could change.