Recommend a travel agent..

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
V4281051
Amateur
Amateur

Recommend a travel agent..

Post by V4281051 »

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy travel agent in Hua Hin where I can book an air ticket ..
I want to book an airticket for my g/f so I cannot do it online because a different name will be on the credit card payment..
lomuamart

Re: Recommend a travel agent..

Post by lomuamart »

I've always found Western Tours on Damnoernkasem Road to be very good and always use them.
Grid E7 on this map http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-map.htm
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Ken Diamond tours..little shop with the tree growing through it..opposite the pizza restaurant as you start down the road to the Hilton hotel..the man who sits at the rear of this little shop is called Mike, a good guy..always honest & fair. Straight-forward service here, & willing to try sort various 'problems' :) ..unlike Western Tours who from personal experience are NOT to be trusted over flight bookings!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Western tours, I have checked, on line I can get tickets a couple of a % cheaper. For their ability to communicate with airlines in Thai its worth that much extra.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

lomuamart wrote:I've always found Western Tours on Damnoernkasem Road to be very good and always use them.
Grid E7 on this map http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-map.htm
Agree with the above - used them for years and never had a problem with them.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Two of our customers nearly got scammed by Western Tours last week. (That involved a Thai flight). I had to involve the police to recover 40,000B when they swiped my card twice on a flight booking (& up to the point of involving the MIB the manager flatly refused to repay the sum!).
Another man paid for a flight & never got a valid seat/flight code..it took him 4 visits to the shop to finally get a code from them that was a valid one..the last visit (1 month after paying/booking) was 30mins before his airport taxi left HH!
Use this company by all means, but be wary!
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

I recently contacted the Thai Airways office in Oslo, Norway asking the same question how I could pay for a flight for my girlfriend without sending her my credit card.

They replied that after I had booked the trip, I had to send them (the Thai Airways office in your country) a scanned copy (both sides) of the used credit card, a scanned copy of my passport, and I had to fill out a credit card consent form.

PDF files are not allowed as attachments to posts here, so I have uploaded a copy to my private website. You can download the file here.