Kuwait Airlines

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Kuwait Airlines

Post by theprice01 »

Hi,

Does anyone have any recent experience of flying with Kuwait airways &/or in Doha airport??
A friend of mine who travelled with them a few years ago said both airport & airplane were dry...is this still the case?!
I couldn't get any sense out of their website.
thanks,
ed
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
Big Boy

Re: Kuwait Airlines

Post by Big Boy »

I haven't used them for years, but the 'dry' service was always good. We always flew in and out of Kuwait City back then. Are you sure they are using Doha? I thought that was Qatar territory.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

iv just looked at my print-out, it just says Kuwait (KWI). I didn't think Doha sounded right.

I prefer dry airlines now, the first (and last) time I flew with Vietnam airlines they let a load of drunks on board :/
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait_Int ... al_Airport

Last time I was there, they still had bullet holes in the wall, and a display of arms and munitions.

Points 41; Position 18
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

^similar to Sharm El Sheik airport in Egypt then lol.
It'll be interesting to see what the new terminal is like at end 2016.
expectations aren't that high as only paid £350 for single (Heathrow/Bangkok, 3.5 hr stopover)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That's similar to what I had all those years ago. It was a very good price back then as well. We were even given a meal during our stop over, and they played a Mr Bean video who was my son's hero. It was a good experience.

[Edit] I think I can honestly say that I've never had a bad trip with any Middle Eastern airline. Always my preference.

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

The last time I used them it was dry, both on the flight and in the airport in Kuwait.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Kuwait airlines and airport are most definitely dry as is the country, of course there is always the possibility of obtaining a drop but if caught it is a minimum of 30 days lock up, my mate is presently enjoying his stay at the governments pleasure then he will be deported at his cost.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

^ sounds like there still serious about it then. I don't suppose gin in a lemonade bottle would fool them lol