Kan Air starting new route between Hua Hin and Chiang Mai

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Kan Air starting new route between Hua Hin and Chiang Mai

Post by hhfarang »

http://www.kanairlines.com/main/

Service starts 15 August...
KanAir.png
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
buksida

Re: Kan Air starting new route between Hua Hin and Chiang Ma

Post by buksida »

Chiang Mai-based Kan Air will operate direct flights to Ubon Ratchathani and Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan starting 15 August.

The airline uses a Hawker Beechcraft Premier 1 private jet with six seats to serve routes to Ubon and Hua Hin.

Based in Chiang Mai, the airline will launch two flights weekly to Ubon Ratchathani in Northeast Thailand on Fridays and Sundays.

The airline also will operate two flights a week on Fridays and Sundays to serve passenger travel demand between Chiang Mai and Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

The airline sets a one-way fare at THB2,990 including airport taxes and fees for travel from Chiang Mai to Ubon Ratchathani and Hua Hin.

Kan Air is a domestic airline based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It operates charters and scheduled services in North Thailand from Chiang Mai to Pai, Mae Hong Son, Nan, Phitsanulok and Khon Kaen.

Its fleet is made up of just a single Cessna Grand Caravan C208B aircraft and a Hawker Beechcraft Premier 1.

The small airline is supposed become a joint venture partner with VietJetAir to form a new airline Thai VietJet that will fly from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Chiang Mai and Phuket possibly as early as this September.

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2014/07/k ... -services/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

hhfarang wrote:http://www.kanairlines.com/main/

Service starts 15 August...
KanAir.png

That is wonderful news. Hope the service lasts.

:dance: :dance:
A friend is only one click away
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Chiang Mai is an international gateway. I wonder if any good bargains to be had departing from there rather than Bangkok. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Flights Hua Hin to Chaing Mai

Post by Pleng »

My girlfriend saw a post on her facebook last night about a company called Kan Air running flights between Chaing Mai and Hua Hin.

Their website is here but unfortunately the English language link was down when I tried it, so I can't find any more information at this time. I think the cost quoted in the promotional material was 3000bt and I believe the flights run once a day.

(ps I know there's a forum dedicated to flights and special offers so you can move the thread there if you want; but I figured that this was more "news" than special offer, and it'd get more attention here.)
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Pleng That will be handy, the wife and family are flying to Chiang Mai from BKK next week, so this means they will be able to fly direct to HH from there, rather than fly back to BKK and drive to HH.

Price seems fair and as I'm not there, "Honey Pays" won't be an option for my wife. :twisted:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Kan Air offers VIP flights on a budget
Travelling by private jet is no longer the exclusive preserve of billionaires, celebrities and other VIPs, accessible now to everyone in Thailand as some of the fares beat those of budget airlines.

Kan Air, a privately owned commuter airline, made this possible last Friday when it launched two interprovincial routes from its Chiang Mai base to Ubon Ratchathani and Hua Hin.

The two non-stop routes are served on a scheduled basis, every Friday and Sunday, by the Hawker Beechcraft Premier I, a six-seat luxury executive jet that Kan Air normally avails for charter services for elite travellers at a price.

The service, the first of its kind in the country, comes with what some aviation executives consider ridiculously low fares given the exclusivity, speed and comfort unmatched by commercial airlines.

The fares are as little as 2,990 baht net each way for the first two booked seats on a flight and 3,490 baht for the four other seats.

The fare structures are the same for both the Chiang Mai-Ubon Ratchathani and the Chiang Mai-Hua Hin routes, each of which takes 90 minutes to fly.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/ ... n-a-budget
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

The economics of this flight defies me so if anyone wants a cheap joyride on a small business jet, l would go for it. At those prices, filling every seat won't even pay for the fuel!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

STEVE G wrote:The economics of this flight defies me so if anyone wants a cheap joyride on a small business jet, l would go for it. At those prices, filling every seat won't even pay for the fuel!
It may well be that they are not relying on filling seats. They could have a contract to move small frieght, although just what it would be given the places mentioned, I do not know.

At one time while I was involved in aviation, the banks used to move documents overnight on small commuter aircraft, and depending on their licence, would also carry passengers.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Nereus wrote: At one time while I was involved in aviation, the banks used to move documents overnight on small commuter aircraft, and depending on their licence, would also carry passengers.
So they may be carrying anything then :idea:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I think it's more likely that they're just trying out the route to judge demand, it's obviously going to be cheaper to carry six people on a small plane than a larger one if that is all they get. If they get the trade they can move to a larger aircraft, if they don't, they'll drop the route.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Why can i not find the previous posts to this article,i think it would be a great service from HH to Chiang Mai?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Thistle wrote:Why can i not find the previous posts to this article,i think it would be a great service from HH to Chiang Mai?
Don't use the "Latest Hua Hin Topics" section on the right, it truncates the thread. Click on "View New Posts" or "View Unread Posts" at the top right and you'll see the entire thread. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Thank you Pete,............learn something new every day.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Same link as Buks posted above, but as a reminder, the link has a photo of the aircraft in case some didn't read the article:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/avi ... n-a-budget