Bangkok to Cardiff UK

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Bangkok to Cardiff UK

Post by StevePIraq »

I have to get to Cardiff UK pretty urgently and have been looking for flights, there are no direct flights as Cardiff is not a major destination.

Anyone got any recommendations for flights or web sites, I have been trawling through the ones I know and the cheapest seems to be $1400 return
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
pharvey

Re: Bangkok to Cardiff UK

Post by pharvey »

Would have thought the cheapest and easiest would be direct to Heathrow and National Express onto Cardiff.

There's also the Rail Link where you take the coach to Reading train station and then onwards....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Another option would be KLM to Skippel (sp) and from there a flight to Cardiff
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Normally quite pricey mind (as is the Bristol route).....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Post by Frank Hovis »

I'd say there's little point to fly to Cardiff if you are in a hurry, it would be quicker and cheaper to do BKK-LON then rent a car and drive the three and half hours to Cardiff, or if you don't want to drive head back into Paddington and get the train to Cardiff (again about 3 hours). I think National Express also do this route (by bus) but only from T2 & T3 at LHR.

BA arrives at T5, Avis (and probably others) have a pickup point at the short stay car-park at T5 so you don't need to go off terminal for car rental, a direct flight to LON plus the non-air travel to Cardiff will be about 16 to 17 hours.

If you want to fly BKK-CWL then I think KLM probably have the best connections but it'll still be 17 hours providing you can get a short connection in AMS at a low price, long connections are usually cheaper.

If it were me I'd go BKK-LHR on BA and rent a car. A weeks rental for a Fiesta is only about 120 pounds, which will almost definitely work out cheaper (including petrol) than buying rail tickets at short notice and/or using taxis to get about.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Thanks for the info guys, I have not been to the UK for years so my knowledge is as limited as a full on tourist and I have no idea of road, rail or bus route. Your posts will give me something to dig into tonight to find the best option.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There's also the Heathrow Express direct to Paddington, then change for Cardiff. I haven't done it for 4 years, but the Cardiff train used to leave Paddington every hour, and I think the Heathrow Express was every 15 minutes (I used to get off at Bristol Parkway). I used to do the journey every 2 weeks.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Do you need a Visa? Or just an interpreter. :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!