Delays at airport immigration

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Re: Thailand tourist slump continues

Post by pitsch »

I make the same as Bristolian and fill in the arrival card before I leave.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The airlines are supposed to hand the things out in-flight about 1 hour before landing. I always seem to get one that way whether I need it or not. What I've never heard is an announcement to please fill them out prior to landing to help expedite immigration processing. That would be a helpful step, but perhaps too logical. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I think they only hand out in Business class don't they
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

StevePIraq wrote:I think they only hand out in Business class don't they
I been flying SAS,Swiss.Austrian,Aeroflot,Thai Airways,Emirates and others and have always been giving the form in the flight, so I can fill it out before landing and I sadly I dont have the money to fly Business class :(

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:agree: I've only flown cattle class, and have always had them offered.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I didn't realize that, that's good but we digress.

:offtopic:
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Delays at airport immigration

Post by StevePIraq »

Bristolian wrote:^^ agree 100%.

There has to be a more efficient way of processing people. :D
There is a much better and quicker way and that is following Emirates in Dubai where one can enter just by swiping your e-card. No standing for passport control at all. I do however realize that in Thailand this would mean the police would have no way to check your visa
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

StevePIraq wrote:

There is a much better and quicker way and that is following Emirates in Dubai where one can enter just by swiping your e-card. No standing for passport control at all. I do however realize that in Thailand this would mean the police would have no way to check your visa
I fly with Emirates for the first time and would like to know what the e-card means,is that the electronic ticket ?,sorry my ignorance

Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

bsdk1960 wrote:I fly with Emirates for the first time and would like to know what the e-card means,is that the electronic ticket ?,sorry my ignorance

Normally you can check-in online in advance of your flight (normally 24hr prior to departure) and you get your boarding passes downloaded to your phone/laptop/etc. My advise is: check-in as normal and receive your (paper) boarding passes at the check-in gate. Most places I've been to won't accept an e-ticket...
StevePIraq wrote:There is a much better and quicker way and that is following Emirates in Dubai where one can enter just by swiping your e-card. No standing for passport control at all. I do however realize that in Thailand this would mean the police would have no way to check your visa
You mean a passport?? Most passports now have a bar code and an e-chip so your passport works as the e-card. Anyone who has travelled to Australia will know how easy immigration is. Customs is a different issue though... especially strict down-under...

:cheers:
GN.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Re: RE: Re: Thailand tourist slump continues

Post by Ralfredo »

Big Boy wrote::agree: I've only flown cattle class, and have always had them offered.
Me too. In any cabin class of every airliner I used which are at least Thai, Lufthansa,
Malaysian, Emirates, Quatar and Turkish.

If people are stupid enough to don't fill them in on the plane, what can the airliner do?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

yes I agree, a faster eaiser immigration check-in would give visitors a better first impression ---BUT I do not think that it would counter the slump in tourism to Thai
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

bsdk1960 wrote:
StevePIraq wrote:

I fly with Emirates for the first time and would like to know what the e-card means,is that the electronic ticket ?,sorry my ignorance

If you fly Emirates and have an Emirates Frequent Flyer card this can be registered as an entry/exit document at Dubai airport. I think the desk is just before the passport control hall which is usually full of people. Once your card is registered you enter the hall, turn right and there are 3 cubicles, you just swipe your card the gate opens go inside scan fingerprints the second door opens and you are out to a hand baggage scanner then into the baggage reclaim, usually no more than 10 minutes. No stamp in passport and you follow the same procedure when leaving. It does not matter which airline or which terminal you use.

All explained here.
https://www.emirates.com/english/help/f ... s-benefits

There is also no need for e-tickets.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Delays at airport immigration

Post by oakdale160 »

now in feb, peak of the high season. i find it difficult to compare with other yrs--what does the forum think, is there a slump in HH?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't venture into bar areas very often, so can't comment on bar traffic. However, I've commented to 2 members of my family at different times this week about the significant increase in Farang numbers at the moment.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

It's a bit of an unusual year - prior to Christmas / New Year it was very, very quiet with a lot of people getting seriously worried about the season. Hotels were pretty full of course over New Year period but it costs a fortune to come for that break. Since then the Airlines, Hotels & Tour operators have been discounting and numbers are up considerably. Free 60 day Tourist visa were available from the Embassies in a number of Countries. As for Bintablock area; there are quite a few tourist walking around for a look and perhaps a drink but they are mostly all back in their hotels by 11:00 pm. It will slowly get quieter from now.