Arrival to carousel time at BKK airport?

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Mina
Novice
Novice

Re: Arrival to carousel time at BKK airport?

Post by Mina »

Thanks a lot for your quick replies on my questions :) Think I will book a seat on both buses to be sure :)
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Mina wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:00 pm Thanks a lot for your quick replies on my questions :) Think I will book a seat on both buses to be sure :)
Having read your original post you mention that there is just about one hour from scheduled arrival and the first bus departing, personally I would think the chances of you being ready to get that bus very small, even if there is only a short delay in arrival time - the later bus would be the one I would go for.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Yesterday my plane landed at the airport at 4:05 pm very near to the immigration. With cabin baggage only and the priority lane I was at the bus station at 4:20 (new record), but the 4:30 bus was already fully booked. Fortunately I had a ticket for the 6pm bus, because it was also fully booked. The 6pm bus arrived at the Hua Hin bus station at 8:50 (also new record).
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I have been ona bus that did HH to BKK in 2h 50m too, but that is very unusual. I plan on 3h 20m and it can be longer.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Can anyone advise how the immigration queues are at the moment?
I arrive late tonight.
Cheers,
GN.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Go through the Asean line, it is mostly empty and they herd the farangs into two or three ridiculously long queues for whatever reason.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

buksida wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:07 pm Go through the Asean line, it is mostly empty and they herd the farangs into two or three ridiculously long queues for whatever reason.
I can do that?
buksida

Post by buksida »

I did, nobody said anything.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I also always use the ASEAN line. Mrs m is Thai though and the officials have waved us over a couple times when I hesitated. I always saw a few falang only too.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

The last time I came in a couple of months a go, it had all been rolled into one, those ASEAN boards are still there but they don't mean anything, it just says "Foreign passports" on the illuminated signs below and everyone is using them.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Arrived 22:00-23:00ish.. no queues and minimal wait for bags and straight into a taxi. Quickest I've been through in a long time.
Queues did seem to be getting bigger behind me at immigration though.
Cheers,
GN.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Touched down 16.23 yesterday, 450m walk to immigration - but only three people ahead of me, so through in five minutes. Changed some cash then bags arrived promptly - glanced at my watch as I cleared the green channel - 16.54

31 minutes - not bad!
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

So finish the story--let me guess. In HH by 8.30-- shower, change, quick meal, In R bar by 9.30. Rang the bell. UT is back in town!
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

So finish the story--let me guess. In HH by 8.30-- shower, change, quick meal, In R bar by 9.30. Rang the bell. UT is back in town!
Nearly - hit the R bar at 8.50 and had a pizza there..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

if you are waiting for the bus at the airport, don't go outside, or back upstairs. Go downstairs towards the train. There is a very comfortable large Coffee World and 20 other places to eat/drink/relax. It never seems to get busy either. I have gone there before if I get to the airport too early and cant be bothered to check in - because unless in a lounge there is not really a lot plane side.